Belcan Mechanical Engineer in Bloomfield, Connecticut
Job Number: 288224
Description: A Mechanical Engineer job in Bloomfield, CT is now accepting applications. This is a direct, permanent position with our key manufacturing client. To be considered, you will have a minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering along with 2+ years of relevant work experience. In this role, you will be responsible for developing, specifying, and supporting various tests as requested by the internal customers, along with pursuing continuous improvements. You will also be required to work with Heavy Duty and Medium Duty diesel engines, but will also need to be capable of developing tests for special systems including mechanical, electro-mechanical and hydro-mechanical systems on bench or special rigs.
Mechanical Engineer Job Responsibilities:
• Design tests for Product Engineering and Design & Analysis groups.
• Develop methods and procedures for accelerated life testing to reduce total test time.
• Develop testing procedures for new concepts or products to evaluate component function, durability and reliability if test methods do not exist, and make improvements to existing testing procedures.
• Design and develop fixtures for product testing and lab facility interfaces (engine dynamometer, engine endurance cells, hydraulic/mechanical fatigue rigs, and other component rigs).
• Train Lab technicians and Engineers in testing best practices and procedures.
• Promote continuous improvement by researching, developing and implementing into common practice: new methods, procedures, hardware, and sensors.
• Identify facility equipment needs and improve test result precision, accuracy, and repeatability.
• Work with external testing and lab facilities to specify testing that cannot be done internally due to either capability or capacity.
• Assist in component or test failure analysis and ensure that test methods, setup or equipment are not the root cause of failures.
• Develop and promote best test practices and methodology including the proper selection and use of transducers and instrumentation.
• Work in cooperation with the Design & Analysis team to specify testing and data collection for correlation with simulation and possibly aid in model calibration.
• Adopt DOE (Design Of Experiments) testing methods and process when needed.
• Occasional travel to customer’s facilities for testing and other Jacobs Vehicle Systems manufacturing locations.
Mechanical Engineer Job Qualifications:
• A minimum Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering
• Internship or co-op required / relevant work experience preferred
• Knowledgeable of internal combustion engine control theory and operation.
• Knowledge and experience in valve train systems and testing is highly desired, but not required.
• Proficiency in CAD modeling and FEA is also desirable, but not required.
• Person must be self-motivated and be able to identify and pursue improvements.
• Ability to work independently and in a team environment to complete tasks.
• Ability to manage high stress situations with diplomacy and discretion and manage simultaneous demands from multiple customers in a service based environment.
• Ability to develop innovative ideas and solutions for problems.
• Understanding of Design Of Experiments (DOE) methodology and can conduct tests to optimize designs.
• Related automotive or aircraft engine testing, instrumentation, and test report experience or equivalent is desired.
• Experience with Vibration Theory, Modal Analysis, Fatigue Theory, and Digital Signal Processing is desired.
• Experience with Operations Lean Tools, Laboratory facility, and MTS/fatigue equipment is a plus.
• Noise & Vibration (NVH) measurement experience is desirable but not required.
If you are interested in this Mechanical Engineer job in Bloomfield, CT, please apply via the "apply now" link.
Belcan is a leading provider of qualified personnel to many of the world's most respected enterprises. We offer excellent opportunities for contract/temporary, temp-to-hire, and direct assignments in the technical, IT, professional, and clerical fields. We are the employer of choice for thousands worldwide. Our overriding goal is to provide quality staffing solutions that help people, organizations, and communities succeed. Belcan is a team-driven Equal Opportunity Employer committed to workforce diversity. For more information, please visit our website at http://www.belcan.com
Location: Bloomfield , CT
Minimum Experience (yrs):
Required Education: Not Specified
Return to search results Email this job to a friend
If you have previously registered with us, pleaseLog into apply for this position.
*Logged in members may also add jobs to their job cart