Bechtel Corporation Project Planner MML in Birmingham, United States
Job Title: Project Planner MML
Requisition ID: 218690
Relocation Authorised: None
Location: Birmingham, UK
Bechtel signed a development partner contract with High Speed 2 (HS2) on May 24. The new railway will be the U.K.’s second high speed line. The first, High Speed 1, was delivered by Bechtel ten years ago. As development partner for Phase 2b, Bechtel will work with HS2 to develop the Phase 2 route from Crewe to Manchester and Birmingham to Leeds, and to integrate it seamlessly with Phase 1 and the existing national rail network. Working in an integrated team with our customer, High Speed Two Limited, we will manage and support the development and submission of the Phase 2b hybrid legislation to government.
Job Summary : Bechtel is currently looking for a planner - railway electrification to manage the evaluation of project time for the project and correlate cost and risk assessment, manage project planning systems, policies and standards and ensure compliance of planning activities across individual projects to support the successful delivery of the HS2 project. The role is specific to the planning of all aspects of the electrification of an existing railway from design through bringing into service.
1. Manage the integrated P6 programme meeting the internal / external reporting timelines.
2. Correlate schedule, cost and risk assessment through integrated solutions to influence critical path analysis thus providing robust/quality plans for decision making.
3. Lead in what-if scenario planning providing integrated solutions to programme/project conflicts and recoveries.
4. Manage and monitor processes to integrate scheduling from across all projects within the area of work.
5. Work closely with Project Managers to maintain programme schedules, and manage the interface between schedules.
6. Support Professional Service Consultant’s requirements working with the Project Controls Manager. Lead the evaluation of consultant interface reporting including earned value management performance.
7. Collaborate with project delivery teams and external stakeholders (including suppliers, regulatory
8. bodies, and the Department for Transport) where necessary to integrate all time, cost and quality information to support the monitoring of project performance.
9. Capture and communicate best practice project planning policy, processes and procedures across the business to drive continuous improvement,and provide specialist advice where required.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
1. Right to work in the UK without sponsorship
2. Proven skills in producing and reviewing programmes in P6.
3. Qualified planning professional, with a strong track record of achievement in planning and project management relating to railway electrification projects.
4. Demonstrable understanding of key elements required in railway electrification, including Overhead Line Electrification (OLE), Civils, Signalling and PWay
5. Experience of planning within large, complex projects.
6. Proven capability of developing and maintaining a programme, and a track record of effectively communicating the programme to senior management.
7. Demonstrate effective communication skills to engage, promote and influence across a broad range of stakeholders including the Executive, and internal and external stakeholders.
Health and Safety
1. Take reasonable care to ensure your own and others’ health and safety including those who may be affected by the delivery of this role by taking personal responsibility for working to the HS2 S.A.F.E programme principles.
2. Cooperate with HS2 in all matters relating to health and safety, including following safe working procedures at all times and not interfering with measures in place to protect your health, safety or welfare.
3. Advocate and promote the company’s well-being strategy and policies.
Role based in Birmingham
Shaping tomorrow together
Bechtel is among the most respected engineering, project management, and construction companies in the world. We stand apart for our ability to get the job done right—no matter how big, how complex, or how remote. Bechtel operates through four global business units that specialize in infrastructure; mining and metals; nuclear, security and environmental; and oil, gas, and chemicals. Since its founding in 1898, Bechtel has worked on more than 25,000 projects in 160 countries on all seven continents. Today, our 53,000 colleagues team with customers, partners, and suppliers on diverse projects in nearly 40 countries.
Bechtel is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
- Bechtel Corporation Jobs