St. John's Lutheran Ministries Physical Therapist in Billings, Montana
Senior Independence of Montana Home Health Care is looking for a Full-Time Physical Therapist. This position is Monday - Friday but requires occasional Saturdays.
Provides services to residents/patients of this facility and the clients of contract facilities that have impairments, functional limitations, disabilities, or changes in physical function and health status resulting from injury, disease, or other causes.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTION: :
- Tests, evaluates and screens resident/patient/client physical and mental abilities and analyzes medical data to determine realistic rehabilitation goals for that individual.
- Assists residents/patients/clients in restoring health, alleviating pain, and examining, evaluating, and diagnosing impairments, functional limitations, disabilities, or changes in physical function and health status resulting from injury, disease, or other causes.
- Recommends changes to resident’s/patient’s/client’s plan of care, consistent with their needs and capabilities.
- Provides prevention and promote health, wellness, and fitness.
- Interacts and practices in collaboration with the resident/patient/client, family, rehabilitation team, other healthcare professionals and staff.
- Directs and supervises the physical therapy service, including support personnel (physical therapy assistants and rehabilitation technicians) according to the APTA and Montana State Practice Guidelines
- Performs post-employment physicals with new hired staff.
- Provides ongoing inservices to rehab team and staff, and CNA training
Attends all appropriate meetings Employee Responsibilities
Follows policy and procedures on annual TB testing.
- Follows policy and procedures on annual influenza vaccinations.
- Attends all mandatory in-services.
- Performs other duties as assigned by the Director of Rehab.
Minimum Requirements: Must be a licensed Physical Therapist in the State of Montana preferably with one to two years related experience