SMG General Manager in Bethlehem, Pennsylvania
SMG, the leader in privately managed public assembly facilities, has an excellent and immediate opening for the General Manager for SMG -- Sands Bethlehem Event Center. Responsible for the day to operations of all departments in the casino-based property which includes: finance, production, operations, marketing, food & beverage and box office, along with overseeing the booking, talent buying and full risk promoting business of concerts, private events, and night life of the facility.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Establishes and maintains active contact and an effective working relationship with the Client/Contract Administrator, sporting event promoters, government departments and agencies, Sands Bethlehem Gaming executives, live entertainment industry representatives, event organizers, community and civic organizations, as well as, union representatives (where applicable) to maintain strong business relationships for of the facility.
Primary decision maker and/or producer for promoted content in the facility.
Work closely and negotiate with Sands Bethlehem Gaming on partnered events in the facility and achieve financial benchmarks.
- Directs the development, administration and execution of all financial and operating reports including: preliminary budget, capital expenses, operating revenue, expense budgets, etc.
- Implements security and operational best practices for the facility.
- Oversees the development of the annual business plan, including; event calendar management, activity schedules, sales and marketing activities and goals, service objectives and projections for attendance and/or revenue.
This individual must be a well-established leader and professional with a minimum of 5-7 years of industry experience in a senior management level position within a theater, club or similar facility. They must have a proven track record of managing and leading large-scale facility operations with targeted and lean fulltime staff. Must have significant experience in the following areas: full risk concert promoting, talent buying and offer creation, market analysis and ticket scaling, contract negotiations, event production, supervising personnel, live entertainment booking, ancillary revenue maximization, supervising live entertainment productions, business law, purchasing procedures, plus labor relations and union contracts (if applicable). The incumbent must be able to perform effectively under significant pressure typically associated with meeting the demands and timetables of the industry. Must demonstrate business acumen with a client/customer service focus, and ability to communicate effectively in both written and public speaking forums.
Education and/or Experience
Seasoned background in theater and/or club marketing and promotion would serve this individual well and will be given a high priority. A Bachelor's Degree (BA) from a four-year accredited college or university with major course work in business, marketing or related field, or an equivalent combination of education and experience preferred.
Skills and Abilities
- Strong understanding of Artist settlements, promoter settlements and facility accounting.
- Skilled in offer/ deal creation and Artist market values.
- Demonstratable knowledge and provable achieved success of ancillary concert revenue streams including: facility fees, F&B and ticketing fees to create the strongest bottom lines results.
- Knowledge in executing high yielding food & beverage results in a club environment.
- Managing and analyzing cash flow documents.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must have working knowledge of spreadsheet software and work processing software and be proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Ability to work with limited supervision and as a team member.
- Requires ability to work flexible and extended hours, including nights, weekends and holidays, in addition to normal business hours.
- Ability to work in a high-pressure environment.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to move around the facility; to stand for long hours during events; talk and hear. This position may require work inside or outside of the building, as needed by events.
Note: The essential responsibilities of this position are described under the headings above. They may be subject to change at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons. Also, this document in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position.
Recruiter- Kimberly Miller SMG‐Sands Bethlehem Event Center 77 Sands Blvd. Bethlehem, PA 18015
Applicants that need reasonable accommodations to complete the application process may contact 610-729-1073
SMG is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, and encourages Women, Minorities, Individuals with Disabilities, and protected Veterans to apply. VEVRAA Federal Contractor.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled