Johns Hopkins Medicine Research Contract Financial Coordinator in Bethesda, Maryland
Research Contract Financial Coordinator
Requisition # 157072
Full Time (40 hours)
Weekend Work Not Required
Suburban Hospital is part of the prestigious Johns Hopkins Health System that employs more than 20,000 people. Upon joining Johns Hopkins, you become part of a diverse organization dedicated to its patients, their families, and the community we serve, as well as to our employees. Johns Hopkins career opportunities are available in academic and community hospital settings, home care services, physician practices, international affiliate locations, and the health insurance industry.
We offer a competitive total compensation package, are located just outside of the D.C. metro area, and have diversely growing opportunities to advance your career.
The Research Financial Coordinator will be based at Suburban Hospital but will have financial and regulatory responsibilities across all CAPRES constituencies including but not limited to Suburban Hospital, Sibley Hospital, Howard County General Hospital, Johns Hopkins Community Physicians and Johns Hopkins University.
• The financial coordinator will report to Associate Dean for Research for the Capital Region and to the Senior Director, Finance within Suburban hospital.
• Financial coordinator will work closely with Research Central administration (), financial administration Johns Hopkins University and financial administration at the Research hospitals.
• Manages and administers existing research contracts by determining compliance through monitoring performance and meeting deadlines and writing amendments and revisions to scopes of work and/or specifications if needed. Also manages the deliverables as specified in accordance with research contracts.
• Participates in negotiations and/or oversees the negotiation of requests for proposals, contract renewals, amendments and plans
• Interprets and/or develops policies, rules or regulations regarding contract administration, policies and procedures and resolves related issues and concerns
• Prepares and presents reports by compiling, reviewing and analyzing data and providing written and/or oral reports for contract compliance and audit purposes
• Acts as a single point of contact for Suburban, Sibley Memorial and Howard County General physicians employed by JHCP, JHU, or JHHS and/or divisional budgetary staff toward the planning and development of application budgets for Clinical Trial grant submission to federal offices, private agencies/foundations and commercial agencies.
Bachelor's Degree with major course work in business management, public administration, finance, economics, or a related field.
Minimum of three years' experience in federal/research contract administration, management, evaluation, or cost monitoring for large-scope and/or high-dollar federal contracts; of systems and procedures used to evaluate a third-party vendor.
Johns Hopkins Health System and its affiliates are Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, sex, age, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, and or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law.