General Electric Sr Software Engineer in Bengaluru, India
This position is for a Senior Cyber Security Developer in the GE Healthcare MRI Software team. The person will develop and deliver cyber security features for MRI products. Build your career in next generation Healthcare Product Cyber Security software that will cut across entire product line of GE MRI. Experience what it takes to own complete Secure Software Development Life Cycle phases and what it means to deliver a world-class software working in collaboration with global team.
Develop and implement security related solutions with the intent to harden the security posture of MRI products.
Layout a cyber security strategy (implementation and test strategy) for MRI products.
Work with cross functional teams to understand cyber security requirements and lead a team of developers to implement those features.
Develop MRI security platform/Framework that can be reused across products and eliminate redundant effort on developing security features through reuse.
Provide mentorship to project teams on the appropriate selection and implementation of security controls to enforce compliance to standards and security policies.
Run vulnerability assessment / penetration testing and create assessment reports. Streamline Vulnerability Management and incident management efforts for MRI Systems.
Define the security test strategy (manual, automated) for the product.
Serve as security guide in application development, database and micro-service design. Participate/Drive in architecture security review. Review technology designs and develop security controls and solutions.
Suggest changes to the environment that would assist with eliminating vulnerabilities and mitigating the risk of exploitation resulting in potential incidents.
Knowledge of CI/CT/CD process and techniques of enabling security testing in the pipeline.
Candidates for this position should have minimum of 8 years of overall experience in software/IT industry and at least 6 years of Cyber Security experience and development, in addition to the following:
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related computer field
• UNIX and Linux operating systems
• Application development background using programming languages such as Java, C/C++, Python, Perl, Shell Scripting
• Experience with various security tools and products (Fortify, Nessus, nmap, Burp Suite, Metasploit, Kali Linux, etc)
• Hands on with OWASP top 10 vulnerabilities identification and remediation techniques.
• Hands on with Threat Modeling frameworks and techniques.
• Strong understanding Of Secure Communication Methods (TLS 1.2)
• Strong understanding of Cryptographic algorithms, certificates, PKI, Key Management
• Knowledge of various vulnerabilities and penetration testing
• Knowledge on Hypervisors (e.g. VMware, KVM, etc.) and Containers (Docker etc)
• Authentication, Authorization, SAML/oAuth2/OpenID Connect, RBAC, XACML
• Strong analytical skills
• Able to track and lead a large number of simultaneous activities, as well as cross-team dependent activities
• Able to work collaboratively with minimal supervision
• Effectively escalates items as required, and can influence decisions and actions without direct authority
• Able to learn new technologies and processes quickly
• Able to quickly adapt to changes in timelines and sequences
• Knowledge of working in Agile
• Good understanding of the Secure SDLC
Nice to have:
• Master's Degree in Computer Science, Cyber security or related computer field.
• CISSP, CEH, GIAC certification preferred
• Experience developing web applications (Spring, REST, Web Services) and/or micro services
• Experience with front-end technologies such as HTML5/CSS, AngularJS, NodeJS etc.
• Cloud Security Experience (AWS, Azure or Cloud Foundry)
GE (NYSE:GE) drives the world forward by tackling its biggest challenges. By combining world-class engineering with software and analytics, GE helps the world work more efficiently, reliably, and safely. GE people are global, diverse and dedicated, operating with the highest integrity and passion to fulfill GE’s mission and deliver for our customers. www.ge.com
Locations: India; Bengaluru