Microsoft Corporation World Wide Business Programs Manager in Bellevue, Washington
The Consumer and Device Sales (CDS) organization works with ecosystem partners to build, market and sell a winning device portfolio that delights customers and earns fans around the world. The Business Program Manager for the Lenovo account works across a worldwide team of internal and partner stakeholders to negotiate and align on program, policy, pricing and licensing decisions that will maximize our impact across both consumer and commercial segments while supporting individual business objectives across our Windows, Server, Office and cloud portfolios. The scope of this position is to manange policy & licensing, operational excellence, and marketing program execution across a portfolio of devices, programs and service offerings across Microsoft OEM business segments. We are looking for a collaborative business leader who can understand and articulate our OEM partner’s position, negotiate the interaction among Microsoft HQ teams, strategic program teams and regional teams and effectively communicate to the partner the business value or return on investment for particiation in various programs and initiatives.
Program & Policy Design and Contract Execution (40%)
• Work closely with the Partner Devices and Solutions team, Account Technical Sales team, and Corporate Marketing teams on work-streams related to Windows, Office, and cloud business terms, imaging, and distribution rights and be able to manage inquiries from the partner’s Procurement, Software Image, Alliances, and Product teams.
• Responsible for all Lenovo contract routing and amendments, seeing documents through end-to-end from creation to negotiations to signature, fully understanding the terms and business implications. Product expert: Articulate and land Microsoft’s short and long-term product strategies, approaches, and programs to all levels within Lenovo. Conversely, be the Lenovo product advocate within Microsoft, who can position and demonstrate Lenovo featured devices and the key features designed by/for Lenovo PCs and devices.
Marketing Programs (25%)
• Develop frameworks and standards for key projects and initiatives to drive scale through the account team and partner
• Program management of key marketing investment programs, including partner readiness and account marketing team execution
Business Operational Excellence (15%)
• Collaborate with OEM Operations on all aspects of Operations topics ranging from invoicing, contractual disputes, tax, business entities, reporting, etc.
Cross Group Collaboration (20%)
• Work closely with Corp Business Programs Team to both understand program, policy, licensing and pricing updates and to advocate on our partner’s behalf to influence key decisions and business outcomes.
• Work closely with regional contacts (marketing managers, channel executives) to communicate program, policy, licensing and pricing updates.
• Become the customer advocate for our Partners within the CDS division and the Windows Business Group, evangelizing their products, marketing plans, initiatives, and results to cross-organizational stakeholders, as appropriate.
• 6+ years of professional experience in licensing, operations or business management and marketing program management
• Detail oriented, analytical, data driven and experience with reviewing and managing contracts, agreements, terms and conditions
• 3 + years understanding of OEMs and the technology channel and partner ecosystem, and consumer and commercial channel marketing.
• Strong interpersonal and communications skills, executive presence, excellent verbal and written communication ability with requisite skills to partner, collaborate and build relationships with partner accounts, account/segment marketing teams, and Microsoft product/marketing groups.
• Strategically focused: Able to define a vision, set goals, objectives and work across virtual teams and across Microsoft organizations to achieve specific, well defined outcomes.
• Able to anticipate and develop business opportunities and priorities for future action, while focusing on achieving concrete business results through strong negotiation skills and ability to drive change through influence.
• Past success in creatively developing original ideas, approaches and solutions to typical, unusual or difficult situations or problems and navigating through difficult negotiations to drive a mutually agreeable outcome for both parties.
• Customer focused, responsive, and action oriented to meet customer needs while driving Microsoft’s business objectives and managing through change.
• Some domestic and international travel required (approximately 20%).
• Bachelor’s degree required, PMP qualification/certification and Change Management qualification/certification preferred
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form at https://careers.microsoft.com/us/en/accommodationrequest .
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.