BASF Mechanical Mechanic in Beaumont, Texas
At BASF, we create chemistry through the power of connected minds. By balancing economic success with environmental protection and social responsibility, we are building a more sustainable future through chemistry. As the world’s leading chemical company, we help our customers in nearly every industry meet the current and future needs of society through science and innovation.
We provide a challenging and rewarding work environment with strong emphasis process safety, as well as safety of our employees and the communities we operate in, and are always working to form the best team—especially from within, through an emphasis on lifelong learning and development.
Where the Chemistry Happens…
Mechanical Mechanic (1805242) – Beaumont, TX
This position is responsible for millwright, pipefitting, and other maintenance duties as assigned. Duties include the installation and/or repair of all mechanical equipment and piping systems within the Beaumont site.
Create Your Own Chemistry: What We Offer You…
Adding value to our customers begins with adding value to you. You @BASF is the suite of benefits, perks, programs and unique opportunities we offer to support you—the whole you—in all stages of your life and career. With you@BASF, you create your own chemistry.
The total rewards that you receive as a BASF employee go way beyond a paycheck. From competitive health and insurance plans, to robust retirement benefits that include company-matching contributions, to making sure you never stop learning, we believe in you is investing in our success. Working for a large, global organization, you’ll have a chance to grow professionally and personally, expand your network and build a rewarding and dynamic career.
Principal responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Troubleshoot mechanical equipment to diagnose problems and determine necessary repairs.
• Install and repair mechanical equipment (pumps, compressors, agitators, etc.), piping, structural steel, vessels, tanks, boilers, and heat exchangers per drawings, design specifications, and/or good mechanical practice.
• Adhere to high standards of productivity, quality, safe work practices and environmental responsibility for assigned work.
• Document all routine preventative maintenance tasks, equipment inspections and equipment repairs. Document all non-routine tasks.
• Maintain excellent housekeeping practices throughout the Beaumont Site.
• Receive and act upon supervisor instructions. Notify supervisor of status of work requests.
• Communicate to supervisor deficiencies in equipment and/or repair information for future corrective actions.
• May be required to work with waste that is deemed to be hazardous by RCRA or other regulation.
• Comply with company policies, safety standards and good housekeeping practices.
• Learn and maintain computer skills to support BASF programs
• Minimum of two-year associate’s degree or 5 years of craft experience or
• Minimum high school diploma or GED plus 5 years craft experience.
• Strong communication and listening skills and willingness to actively participate as a team member.
• Excellent problem solving skills.
• Willingness to comply with all safety and environmental standards.
• Ability to climb, to work at heights, and to work within confirmed spaces.
• Willingness to work all 12 hour shifts, holidays, weekends, and overtime as required.
• Will be on call on a rotational schedule.
• Demonstrate ability to solve basic mathematical problems, reading comprehension, and mechanical aptitude.
• Flexibility and willingness to learn new skills.
• Two-year associate’s degree preferred.
• Knowledge of pipe-fitting and welding a plus.
• Read isometric and P&ID drawings a plus.
This position requires all candidates to either currently possess or obtain and maintain a TWIC (Transportation Worker Identification Credential) Card from the U. S. Department of Homeland Security.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
BASF recognizes institutions of higher education accredited by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation or equivalent.
Job: PROD - Production, Maintenance & Technicians
Organization: APT/ABT-BMT Maintenance-63008180
Title: Mechanical Mechanic
Requisition ID: 1805242