Benson Industries, Inc. Accounting Manager in Batavia, Ohio
Analyze financial information and prepare financial reports to determine or maintain record of assets, liabilities, profit and loss, tax liability, or other financial activities within an organization. Controls the day to day implementation and data integrity with respect to financial reporting.
Reasonable Accommodations Statement
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Essential Functions Statement(s)
- Attendance at work during regularly scheduled shifts is an essential duty. Scheduled additional hours may be required at times depending on specific deadlines, projects, etc. This includes but is not limited to being at the work station ready for work at the start of the shift.
- Prepare, examine, or analyze accounting records, financial statements, or other financial reports to assess accuracy, completeness, and conformance to reporting and procedural standards.
- Direct operations of the department, analyze workflow, establish priorities, develop standards and set deadlines.
- Report to management regarding the finances of establishment.
- Establish tables of accounts and assign entries to proper accounts.
- Develop, implement, modify, and document recordkeeping and accounting systems, making use of current computer technology.
- Advise management in areas such as the design of accounting or data processing systems.
- Develop, maintain, and analyze budgets, preparing periodic reports that compare budgeted costs to actual costs.
- Analyze business operations, trends, costs, revenues, financial commitments, and obligations, to project future revenues and expenses or to provide advice.
- Appraise, evaluate, and inventory real property and equipment, recording information such as the description, value and location of property.
- Survey operations to ascertain accounting needs and to recommend, develop, or maintain solutions to business and financial problems.
- Other responsibilities as assigned. Required Skills
- Financial Aptitude - Ability to understand and explain economic and accounting information, prepare and manage budgets, and make sound long-term investment decisions.
- Analytical Skills - Ability to use thinking and reasoning to solve a problem.
- Communication - Ability to communicate effectively with others verbally and in writing.
- Accuracy - Ability to perform work accurately and thoroughly.
- Detail Oriented - Ability to pay attention to the minute details of a project or task.
- Ethical - Ability to demonstrate conduct conforming to a set of values and accepted standards.
- Honesty / Integrity - Ability to be truthful and demonstrate conduct seen as credible in the workplace.
- Accountability/Dependability - Ability to accept responsibility and be answerable for his/her actions.
- Leadership - Ability to influence others to perform their jobs effectively and to be responsible for making decisions.
- Self-Motivated - Ability to be internally inspired to perform a task to the best of one’s ability using his or her own drive or initiative.
Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, Accounting Software, MRP or ERP system.
MiTek is an e-verify and Drug and Tobacco-Free Workplace. We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Education :Bachelor's Degree (four year college or university)
Experience :Three to seven years related experience
Tracking Code: 1050-253
Job Location: Batavia, Ohio, United States
Position Type: Full-Time/Regular