Fortive Corporation UK Operations Director in Basildon, United Kingdom
UK Operations Director
Gilbarco Veeder-Root represents the leading brands of solutions and technologies that provide convenience, control and environmental integrity for retail fuelling and adjacent markets. We create the retail and commercial petroleum industry's most comprehensive suite of flexible, adaptable, long-lasting products in order to solve our customers' business challenges, while building their bottom lines, and we back them up with the industry's best services and field support for peace of mind.
The European headquarters is situated in Basildon, United Kingdom, with regional offices and facilities throughout Europe.
Gilbarco Veeder-Root operates an Equal Opportunities Policy and does not discriminate against any associates or temporary members of staff on the basis of age, disability, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation.
I. Purpose of Position
• Direct P&L responsibility for GVR service business in the UK
• Heading direct service business covering all geographies and market segments of the UK
II. Key Responsibilities
• P&L accountability for GVR’s UK service business
• Build a strong and capable management team and provide leadership to all employees, including
building capability and succession plans within UK Aftermarket management team
Coach and lead the UK Aftermarket management team to become more commercially astute, fully realising all profit opportunities
Providing leadership for and managing personal development of more than 150 UK Aftermarket employees
• Drive continuous improvement in delivery, quality and cost to a position of ‘best in lean service’ within Fortive, and improve Gilbarco’s position within the UK retail petroleum market, including
Leading and driving daily management processes, including KPI definition and achievement, and aiming for PD breakthroughs
measuring customer satisfaction and operational deliverables to drive a continuous improvement programme for business performance, responsiveness and process
ensuring that the overall responsiveness and proactivity provided by the Aftermarket function supports a customer service which is extremely efficient, effective and professional. The purpose is to provide the best customer service in the industry with a focus on improving operational performance to retain and attract customers.
ensuring full utilisation and optimization of all resources associated with repairs and planned/unplanned service calls, driving engineer productivity levels to at least 4 jobs per day.
owning a detailed daily resource planning’ model to ensure adequate resourcing for reactive and planned service and installation work while also fulfilling the requirements of ad-hoc large project work as it occurs, taking account of holidays, sickness, training and other non-productive activities
ensuring conformance with all processes, procedures and systems to deliver, in a dispersed field service organisation, a consistent customer service.
leading cultural implementation and adoption of the Fortive Business System throughout the UK business to drive out waste and implement sustainable processes
driving sustainable improvements in working capital turns
implementing robust internal control and back office processes and continuously reduce relevant waste, while ensuring strict compliance with all applicable rules and regulations
• Ensure that all operations under the control of the position conform to all relevant health and safety legislation and all responsible personnel are adequately trained in relevant health and safety matters (see details under separate point below)
• Drive market share and revenue growth in service and installation through building strong customer intimacy, delivering exceptional industry response times and operational performance, and through close collaboration with the UK commercial team
• Support sustainable market share growth across all Gilbarco Veeder-Root product lines through providing superior services and customer value
• Hold key customer relationships and represent GVR throughout the industry
• Collaborate with the Finance function in leading all financial reporting, forecasting and budgeting
• Actively participate in all management meetings
• Undertake other reasonable duties as deemed necessary from time to time by the European Aftermarket Director
• European Aftermarket Director
• Business Controller UK, HR Business Partner UK, Commercial Director Western Europe
• Benchmarking and driving synergies with the Aftermarket Leadership team, including Operations Directors from other regions, the European Technical Support Manager, and the European Aftermarket Analyst
• Product Manager Service
• Other UK management team members
• Large existing and potential service customers and suppliers
• Strong working relationship with all direct reports, ensuring that business performance is reviewed regularly on a data-driven basis with corrective actions and countermeasures initiated as required
III. Measures of Performance
Performance indicators and relevant targets are set annually through Gilbarco Veeder-Root’s performance management process (P4G). These will usually fall into the following categories, with basic performance expectations as follows:
• Financial performance measures, with the primary performance indicator being Aftermarket gross margin in the UK. Basic expectation:
- To achieve and sustain an Aftermarket gross margin in the UK of at least 5.0% for any full year
• Service delivery and customer satisfaction measures, with the primary performance indicators being SLA and backlog age. Basic expectation:
To achieve and sustain an SLA in the UK not lower than 85%
To achieve and sustain a backlog volume in the UK not exceeding 2.5 days average call volume
To achieve and sustain an average backlog age in the UK not higher than 15.0 days
• HSE lagging and leading indicators, with primary performance indicators being number of recordable accidents and number of Alert Observations. Basic expectation:
- Zero recordable accidents
• Employee engagement measures, primarily based on the annual employee engagement survey. Basic expectation:
- To sustain an engagement index not lower than 60%
V. Health & Safety Responsibilities
Providing and maintaining safe and healthy working conditions:
• Undertaking and recording risk assessments of relevant activities and implementing actions to reduce those risks to a level as low as is reasonably practicable
• Providing training and instruction so that associates, at all levels, know how to perform their work safely
• Providing all necessary protective safety equipment and instruction in its use
• Periodically auditing and reviewing systems of work to maintain compliance with health and safety laws and local GVR company safety rules and procedures based on the internal audit plan.
• Ensure the HSE KPI’s completion continuously and act as a front-line manager in case of any gaps realized
• Achieve the position’s individual HSE KPI’s and ICSRS (DNV) targets.
• Ensure the proper and skilled resources for completing and sustaining the following standards: ISO 9001, 14001, 18001, ICSRS, ISO MSZ EN ISO 3834, and GVR internal HSE audits
• Working and behaving in a fashion that takes reasonable care for the health and safety of themselves and others
• Adhering to GVR and local company systems, procedures, policies, and other rules for securing a safe place of work
• Reporting incidents and assisting as required in the investigation of accidents that have led, or could have led (“near misses”), to injury or damage
• Participating in regular medical checks.
• Being present in workplace without being under the influence of alcohol or drugs
Background and Skill
• Technical degree
• Background in managing complex operations, with strong people-management experience, including the management of remote field-based employees
• Customer-focused individual, with experience of managing demanding customers in a customer-led organisation
• Able to operate at a strategic level and operational level to drive and support the business results required
• Understanding of the demands of the petrol forecourt industry from an operational and health & safety perspective
Personal Trait Profile
• Data-driven individual, who manages situations through facts and KPI, and able to produce and drive effective action plans and countermeasures.
• Team player, who works effectively with superiors, peers and sub-ordinates to achieve the performance standards required.
• Open individual, who can gather data, own and resolve problematic situations related to operational performance.
• Willingness to travel extensively and to be both office-based and field-based as required.
Fortive Corporation Overview:
Fortive. Providing essential technologies for the people that accelerate progress.
Fortive is a diversified industrial growth company comprised of global businesses that are recognized leaders in attractive markets. With more than $6 billion in annual revenues. Our well-known brands hold leading positions in field instrumentation, transportation technologies, sensing, product realisation, automation and specialty, and franchise distribution.
Fortive is headquartered in Everett, Washington and employs a team of more than 24,000 research and development, manufacturing, sales, distribution, service and administrative employees in more than 40 countries around the world. Our team grows by tackling challenges that accelerate progress and further their careers. With a culture rooted in continuous improvement, the core of our company’s operating model is the Fortive Business System.
For you. For us. For growth.
For more information please visit: www.fortive.com at http://www.fortive.com/ .
Job: Technical Service
Primary Location: Europe-United Kingdom-Essex-Basildon
Req ID: GIL005426