Fortive Corporation QA Software Test Engineer in Basildon, United Kingdom
QA Software Test Engineer
Gilbarco Veeder-Root represents the leading brands of solutions and technologies that provide convenience, control, and environmental integrity for retail fueling and adjacent markets. In 2002, the Gilbarco and Veeder-Root companies combined into one marketing brand, with distinctive and complementary business lines, services, and sales capabilities.
Gilbarco is a leading global supplier of fuel dispensing equipment, fully integrated point of sale systems for the global petroleum marketplace with sales, manufacturing, research, development, and service locations in North and South America, Europe, Asia, the Pacific Rim and Australia.
TITLE: QA Software Test Engineer
DEPARTMENT: ATG & WSM Business Unit
REPORTING TO: Software Developer
LOCATION: Basildon, UK
I. Purpose of Position
This position is responsible for software testing of Veeder-Root systems, with an emphasis on service applications that are primarily (but not limited to) web and Java based. As a QA Software Test Engineer you will be responsible for testing applications against functional and technical requirements for both internal and external customers.
II. Key Responsibilities
• Interact effectively with project team members and other service personnel in an agile development and testing environment
• Perform and participate in all aspects of verification including requirements gathering, functional testing, regression testing, load and performance testing
• Development and/or automation of test plans and procedures to produce efficient, repeatable, and reliable test results
• Identification and reporting of problems in new and existing software. Recreate reported software problems to facilitate solutions
• Contribute to improvements in software development and quality assurance processes, i.e., development of standard work where appropriate
• Provide assistance to application support to help troubleshoot and correct reported issues.
• UK Operations Director
• Director Software Design and Quality for Insite360 (U.S.)
• Software developers, application support, and may work with other project stakeholders
• All members of the Service Team, Sales Organization and Marketing Personnel.
• Customers & approved customer third parties
IV. Measures of Performance
• Ability to perform assigned tasks in a timely and accurate manner within schedule guidelines.
• Performance will be measured based on individual tasks completed on time and initial requirements completion.
Gilbarco Veeder Root is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, gender, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by law.
V. Background and skill:
• 4 years of software test experience required.
• Excellent Communication skills.
• Knowledge of Agile or Scrum software development methodology required.
• Solid understanding of web-based applications and Java (or other object-oriented programming languages) highly desired.
• Knowledge of automated test tools (Selenium, Mercury, QTP, LoadRunner, etc.) required.
• Comfortable working in a distributed software environment.
• Strong SQL query writing skills (Oracle 11g, MySQL Server databases, SQL Server)
• Experience with bug tracking tools and version control systems (Jira/SVN/Bugzilla/GIT/GitFlow)
• Experienced with testing both web-based and Java based applications. Individually and as a system.
VI. Personal Trait Profile
• Quality First: Plan & execute accurate, complete, timely and reliable work. Integrity never compromised.
• Respect for People: Appreciates diversity in experience, heritage, education, organization level and gender.
• Management by Fact: Gathers, analyzes and summarizes data to draw rational, fact-based conclusions.
• Blameless: Seeks root-cause solutions and fixes processes rather than finding someone to blame.
• Teamwork: Collaborative with customers, suppliers & associates at all levels towards mutual objectives.
• Sense of Urgency: High energy, bias for taking action. Spontaneously recognizes and resolves issues.
• Customer Focus: Makes customers a primary focus, develops and sustains loyal, productive relationships.
• Continuous Improvement: Develops and implements creative solutions to systems and processes.
• Deliver Results: Driven to deliver short and long-term results. Maintains focus on what is most important.
• Adapting to Change: Able to effectively adapt an environment of change, uncertainty, and ambiguity.
• Intellect: Understands the conceptual, strategic, tactical and technical aspects of an issue.
• Innovative: Generates and implement creative solutions. Challenges current methods and seek alternatives.
VII. Scope and Impact of Position Responsibilities
• This position affects the ability to release new products to market on time.
• This position has a direct impact on the quality of Services being released to production environment.
• This position affects the efficiency in resolving problems in development, production and service.
Fortive Corporation Overview:
Fortive is a diversified industrial growth company comprised of global businesses that are recognized leaders in attractive markets. With more than $6 billion in annual revenues, Fortive’s well-known brands hold leading positions in field instrumentation, transportation, sensing, product realization, automation and specialty, and franchise distribution.
Fortive is headquartered in Everett, Washington and employs a team of more than 24,000 research and development, manufacturing, sales, distribution, service and administrative employees in more than 40 countries around the world. Our team grows by tackling challenges that accelerate progress and further their careers. With a culture rooted in continuous improvement, the core of our company’s operating model is the Fortive Business System. For more information please visit: www.fortive.com .
Primary Location: Europe-United Kingdom-Essex-Basildon
Req ID: GIL005556