Career Systems Development - Job Corp Career Transition Readiness Specialist in Bangor, Maine
Interested in making a difference in young adults’ lives between the ages of 16-24? If so we may have the perfect job for you.
Job Corps is a government-funded, no-cost education and vocational training program administered by the U.S. Department of Labor that helps socioeconomically disadvantaged youth. We strive to fulfill this mission by following our Core Values of_ Safety, Individual Accountability, Respect, Integrity, Growth and Commitment._
Come and surround yourself with talented and professional individuals who have also taken the next step of making a difference in someone’s life.
You would not only have a great and dedicated team to work with, but you would also be eligible to take advantage of a comprehensive benefits plan which includes medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401(k), legal, paid holidays, vacation, and sick time.
The* Career Transition Readiness Specialist* is responsible for coordinating all administrative aspects of Career Readiness candidates’ commitment to enrollment prior to their entry into the Career Preparation Period.
- Demonstrates and abides by the Company Core Values and the operating principles
- Ensures that all potential enrollees assigned to the Career Readiness Program are assessed for accountability and participation in accordance with Center, Corporate and Regional standards
- Escorts Career Readiness candidates to all activities during their scheduled time on Center
- Meets with Outreach and Admissions and Center staff weekly to report on Career Readiness candidates’ daily participation and commitment to program
- Assists in selection of candidates and reports same on TA submitted to CPP Manager and Outreach and Admissions Manager weekly
- Supervises preparation of culmination activity at the close of each training week. Responsible for preparing candidates’ certificates for presentation at culmination activity
- Promotes a positive and desirable atmosphere within the classroom setting to ensure maximum motivation
- Maintains a high degree of discipline within the classroom setting
- Establishes, encourages and develops a high degree of trainee/instructor rapport with candidates
- Ensures accountable and responsible classroom preparation
- Encourages candidates to take accountability for their actions and for their attendance
- Assists in accountability and maintenance of building, equipment and supplies, reporting all safety and security violations
- Projects supplies and/or equipment needs and submits requisitions to the CPP Manager
*Minimum: *Bachelor’s degree or four years experience working with youth. One year experience in sales, marketing or counseling related field. Must possess a valid state driver’s license. Model company Core Values.
Preferred: Previous Job Corps Experience
*Knowledge Required: * Knowledge of education and vocational training programs. Ability to effectively communicate with and relate to disadvantaged youth. Working knowledge of computer systems. Excellent communication skills, both oral and written. Excellent organizational skills. Ability to maintain a valid CPR/First Aid certificate.
All post offer candidates must complete and pass a background check and drug screen.
CSD is a leader in workforce development operating Job Corps centers throughout the U.S. since 1964 and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity /Affirmative Action / Female / Minority / Disabled / Veteran Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, child-birth, or related medical conditions), national origin, ancestry, age, disability, family care status, veteran status, marital status, military status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by law. CSD makes reasonable accommodation for persons with disabilities to apply for employment. Contact Susan Evans at (888) 308-0338 to request a reasonable accommodation.
Job ID: 2019-1419
Category: Career Transition
Schedule Hours: Monday through Friday, 8:00 am am to 5:00 pm
Schedule Days: Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday