Microsoft Corporation Project Manager in Bangkok, Thailand
Are you ready to seize an opportunity to drive leading edge technology solutions with the customer? Do you value deploying and working on the latest solutions with real world impact? Do you thrive by mentoring and leading by example? Would you love to help us accelerate the transformation towards data-driven organizations? Do you want to join an elite and distinguished team?
The Project Manager is responsible for leading delivery of profitable and sustained high-quality Advanced Data Analytics and Data Platform related projects to Microsoft’s enterprise customers in Thailand and South East Asia (SEA) This position reports into the Data and AI Delivery Manager – Asia Pacific and Japan.
Do you want to directly engage the most leading edge and high profile engagements? Do you like ensuring that customer expectations are clear, captured and delivered on, and support the project teams in meeting / exceeding these expectations? Do you enjoy providing feedback on project delivery competencies and coach project teams on improving team effectiveness, quality, timeliness and cost-effectiveness of project deliverables? Do you want to engage in complex projects involving strict delivery commitment and distributed delivery teams?
Microsoft’s Enterprise Services Delivery – Data and AI Domain is a global delivery practice of 1000 professionals who are exceptional services delivery professionals including engineers, consultants, project managers, architects and data scientists and it is the fastest growing practice within Enterprise Services. The Data and AI Domain helps customers realize their full potential through accelerated adoption and productive use of Microsoft Advanced Analytics technologies.
· Responsible for leading delivery of Data and AI related projects in Thailand and SEA and accountable for project profitability, revenue recognition and other delivery related financial metrics and customer satisfaction
· Support pursuit lead(s), and at times lead, statement of work (SOW) writing during bidding
· Play key role in reviewing of effort estimation, delivery resource assignment, vetting of delivery resource capabilities according to SOW and commitment, reviewing key reusable IP if deemed fit, set up project governance structure and rhythm according to services delivery methodology.
· Vet and review subcontractors and India offshore delivery capabilities. Manage subcontractors and offshore delivery resources during project delivery
· Responsible for customers satisfaction of projects delivery.
· As this is a senior position, the candidate is expected to play a leading role of Thailand and SEA delivery resource and bench management, deal structure and profitable delivery supervision, customer satisfaction
· Engages with customers presales / business development situations where needed by sales and bidding team, representing the Data and AI Domain and capabilities and sponsoring our key Enterprise Services activities
· For high profile Data and AI engagements, he/she will work closely with field sales, Thailand and SEA local management and lead the shaping, packaging and delivery of innovative value propositions
· Preferably Master’s degree (e. g. MBA, engineering, Information Technology, Information Systems management or Computer Science) or equivalent education
· PMI certification is required
· SCRUM Master Certification preferable
· Proven related experience (> 15 years) as IT Project Manager/Director or Consulting Practice Manager with large international software or technology firms
· Sound experience with different type of services contracts (especially fixed price contracts)
· Proven track record of management and delivery of very large consulting related projects and thorough knowledge and experience in managing Project Profit & Loss
· Proven experience in managing very large consulting delivery projects in Thailand and SEA.
· Sound Knowledge of IT related project management methodology (e.g. Agile, SCRUM, CRISP)
· Solid background (> 5 years) of leading technology/solution/consulting presales from enterprise strategy, technology consulting, and large project implementations (> US$5M+ projects)
· Proven experience in managing very large complex projects/client solutions delivery. Deep understanding of the latest technology offerings in the market (for example: mission critical applications development, ERP/CRM/HRM, database platform, business intelligence, enterprise data warehouse, technology stack migration, public cloud, machine learning, chatbots, artificial intelligence, predictive analytics)
Management Skills and Competencies
· Confidence, Impact and Influence, Interpersonal Awareness, Developing People, Optimizing Resources & Budgets, Setting Goals & Expectations
· C-level interactions with customers
· Capable of articulating Microsoft Consulting Services value proposition and business cases around IT trends and Microsoft solutions and technology stack.
· Building and maintaining relationships with key customers and delivery partners
· Analytical and thorough problem solving
· High energy with a strong desire to inspire a team of delivery professionals. Strong in motivating and developing talents.
· Risk management, ability to develop the insights foreseeing the risks of bids, project deliveries, and leading mitigation plans and landing them.
· Strategic insight of the consulting business, what drives the growth initiatives, creates a compelling and actionable growth plan in business/people, landing the plan and delivers measurable progress and quantifiable business results that are aligned with the overall subsidiary growth plan and annual P&L budget.
· Very strong in cross-team and virtual team collaboration: with other subsidiary departments, across China, Hong Kong and Taiwan, India and also with Asia Pacific and Japan teams.
· Demonstrated ability to make timely, sound decisions based upon a mixture of analysis, acumen, experience and judgment. Ability to make decisions with potentially incomplete data and conflicting views under tight deadlines.
· A dynamic "get-it-done," results-oriented perspective with large initiative/project-based leadership experience
· Key agent of driving change
· Value selling
· Very strong English (oral and written) and confident to handle C-level communications: presentations, proposals, and project steering committee meetings
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form at https://careers.microsoft.com/us/en/accommodationrequest .
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.