DuPont Lead Accountant in Bangkok, Thailand
Lead Accountant (Job Number: 200563W-01)
As a member of the Controllership organization, the individual performing this job is responsible for performing the role of entity leader for (Specialty Electronic Materials TH Company). As entity leader for a subsidiary, the accountant will have responsibilities for overall data integrity of the subsidiary’s financial statements, USGAAP & Local GAAP compliance, statutory filing, client satisfaction, cross process coordination, account reconciliation coordination, individual reconciliation responsibilities as well as being a focal point for audits, schedules and other related duties. The employee will be asked to participate in various Financial Accounting team projects for the purpose of improving efficiencies and client satisfaction.
● Ensure the integrity of the financial statements for the legal entity under his responsibility. This is achieved by defining accounting procedures in compliance with local accounting policies, running SAP reports required to review Income Statement, Balance Sheets and Trial Balances, performing account reconciliations, comparing USGAAP and local books and analyzing differences, follow-up on unusual items, ensure corrections required are correctly recorded, etc.
● Ensure payable are accurate, paid timely and compliance.
● Perform account reconciliations of the accounts under his ownership.
● Act as focal point for external financial and statutory filings necessary to meet internal auditing and governmental requirements, in compliance with USGAAP and local accounting principles and with various laws and official requirements. Incomplete or missing data can cause serious consequences.
● Ensure timely and successful completion of the external audit of the Financial Statements by acting as focal point for communications with the external auditors, ensuring information required by the auditors is provided on time, participating in review meetings, answering audit comments, etc.
● Act as consultant to Area sub-process Controllers and other Finance processes in the region on financial accounting and internal control matters.
● Coordinate the completion of Regional year-end schedule packages for Corporate Controllers required to comply with information to be reported to the Security Exchange Commission.
● Coordinate the Financial and Statutory requirements related to compliance with SOX rules and Internal Control self-assessments.
● Prepares quarterly reporting of foreign debt required by Central Bank regulations and necessary to be able to process payment of imports
● Coordinate statutory presentations and responses to information requirements from the Companies Inspection Board related to Financial Statements and legal books in electronic format
● Must be able to identify root causes of issues and discover/implement practical solutions; open to and proposes new ideas to improve existing work processes.
● Helps to drive change to reduce complexity
● Uses customer/client information to improve work processes
● Recognizes cross-functional as well as cross-Finance impacts and takes action to address needs
● Must demonstrate initiative and leadership competencies in this role
● Must demonstrate technical Accounting competency
● A minimum of 15 years of experience
● English mandatory
● Knowledge of SAP would be an added advantage.
● Good interpersonal skills and able to work independently with minimum supervision.
Bachelor's Degr ee
Primary Location: APAC-Thailand-Bangkok-Bangkok
Education Level: Bachelor's Degree (±16 years)
Employee Status: Regular
Job Type: Experienced
DuPont is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability or any other protected class. If you need a reasonable accommodation to search or apply for a position, please visit our Accessibility Page for Contact Information. For US Applicants: See the “Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law” poster.