J.R. Simplot Company Operations Support 1 (Ballico, CA) in Ballico, California
The J.R. Simplot Company is a diverse, privately held organization, with roots firmly planted in agriculture and agriculture-related businesses. These endeavors have been around for centuries and will continue to be a vital part of the global economy. We currently have a position available at our Simplot Growers Solutions facility in Ballico, CA.
Under general direction, performs a variety of job responsibilities which may include delivery of fertilizer and chemical products to customers from the Unit office, equipment and plant maintenance work, and fertilizer blending.
• Operating equipment to blend fertilizer; monitoring product application by calculating amounts, calibrating equipment, controlling application rates, and cleaning and storing equipment after application process.
• May assist with recordkeeping related to warehouse/inventory responsibilities.
• Performs varied responsibilities such as: equipment and plant maintenance including welding, pump and engine overhauls, painting, and general housekeeping responsibilities.
• Loading and delivering fertilizer and chemicals to customers.
• Receiving and unloading product and performing warehouse inventory and storage functions.
• Miscellaneous duties such as assisting with special projects, attending training sessions, providing back-up when needed, etc.
• Less than high school education* High school diploma or general education degree (GED)One plus years related experience. Knowledge of basic farm equipment and operation. Skills: Ability to do a variety of tasks in succession, i.e., blending products together, loading a truck, and driving the truck to a farm. Licenses: Commercial Driver's License (CDL) with endorsement to drive a ten-wheeler on the highway; generally referred to as a Class A. Disclaimer - These statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.Combination of education, training and/or experience will be considered for this position.
Hourly Pay: DOE
HOW TO APPLY
Internal Simplot Candidates:
Please apply via Employee Space to Job ID# 6317
Visit www.simplot.com/careersSelect Job SearchSelect Current OpportunitiesSelect All Open PositionsApply to Job ID# 6317
Please prepare a cover letter outlining your interest and qualifications and submit with your resume via our online application process described above. For best results, please upload your resume as a Microsoft Word or Adobe PDF document. This process includes additional job-relevant questions, so plan on at least 20 minutes when you apply.
When a position is in the interview stage or has been filled, it will no longer appear on our Simplot Careers website. If you experience any technical difficulties when applying through our online system, please contact our
Talent and Culture department for assistance at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The J.R. Simplot Company is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, physical or mental disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, military or veteran status, marital status, or any other protected status.