PAE, Inc Communications Engineer in Bahamas, Bahamas, The
Supporting the Most Exciting and Meaningful Missions in the World
The Atlantic Undersea Test and Evaluation Center (AUTEC) Mission is to provide Naval Warfare Centers, the Fleet, and other customers with accurate undersea, surface, and in-air three-dimensional tracking data and other unique Atlantic test facilities. In support of Research, Development, Test and Evaluation (RDT&E), and Fleet readiness assessment and training. AUTEC is a Major Range and Test Facility Base (MRTFB) and the Naval Undersea Warfare Center, Division Newport's largest single team project, providing both deep and shallow water test and training environments.
Responsible for Engineering, Documenting and integrating all Communications Systems for the AUTEC project
• Cryptographic Systems and Handling of Classified Material
• Digital Intercom Systems
• Secure Wireless Networks
• Tactical Radio System including LMR system (Base Stations/Repeaters)
• Telephone Systems (PBX) including sub-systems (Voice Mail & Call Accounting)
• Multiplexers (TDMA)
• Fiber Optic and Copper Cable Plants/Infrastructure
• CATV Systems and Distribution Networks
• Vertical & Horizontal Backbone Topologies and associated standards
• Perform other duties as assigned.
• BA/BS in Communication Engineering or equivalent experience (Military or Commercial)
• Ten years related experience working in Communication Electronics environment.
• Provide technical assistance and guidance to department technicians
• Experience with RF,HF,VHF,UHF Satellite and Microwave theory
• Operate, troubleshoot, repair, and test a variety of complex Communication Systems
• Ability to perform preventive and corrective equipment maintenance
• Perform authorized modifications, preventative maintenance, and final testing of equipment
• Task oriented and detailed focused
• Works well with no supervision
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Lift/carry/push up to 45 pounds
• Reach above the shoulders and climb using legs and arms to perform tasks on moving vessels
• Vision is required corrected to 20/20 and distinguish colors to perform technical tasks.
• Promina 800 Multiplexers, AVAYA CM6 digital telephone switch, Clearcom Eclipse digital audio switch preferred
• This position requires the individual to be eligible to obtain a US Government security clearance; US Citizenship is required
• Must be able to reside in remote location with limited medical facilities.
• A valid US Passport and Driver’s License is required.
Note: Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time. *MON_TS
PAE is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our hiring practices provide equal opportunity for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender, national origin, age, United States military veteran’s status, ancestry, sexual orientation, marital status, family structure, medical condition including genetic characteristics or information, veteran status, or mental or physical disability so long as the essential functions of the job can be performed with or without reasonable accommodation, or any other protected category under federal, state, or local law.
EEO is the Law Poster at http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeocselfprint_poster.pdf
JOIN OUR TALENT NETWORK at http://www.jobs.net/jobs/pae/join
PAE is a leading provider of enduring support for the essential missions of the U.S. government, its allied partners and international organizations. With over 60 years of experience, PAE supports the execution of complex and critical missions by providing global logistics and stability operations, technical services and national security solutions to customers around the world. PAE has a workforce of approximately 15,000 people in over 60 countries on all seven continents and is headquartered in Arlington, VA.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis.