Dell Software Senior Principal Engineer - Windows Software Application Developer in Austin, Texas
Software Senior Principal Engineer - Windows Software Application Developer
Dell provides the technology that transforms the way we all work and live. But we are more than a technology company — we are a people company. We inspire, challenge and respect every one of our over 100,000 employees. We also provide them with unparalleled growth and development opportunities. We can’t wait for you to discover this for yourself as a Software Senior Principal Engineer on our Product Engineering team in Austin, TX.
The Software Engineering team delivers next-generation software application enhancements and new products for a changing world. Working at the cutting edge, we design and develop software for platforms, peripherals, applications and diagnostics — all with the most advanced technologies, tools, software engineering methodologies and the collaboration of internal and external partners.
We are looking for a Software Developer to drive the design, development, and release of innovative software applications on Windows OS.
• Develop and deliver innovative client and server side application solutions on Windows OS using object oriented programming
• Lead, motivate, and direct internal and external team members to build high quality software in a fast paced agile/SCRUM environment
• Work with internal cross-functional teams including Engineering, Marketing, Procurement, Program Management, Services, etc.
• Build smart processes that enable delivery of quality software with high velocity, and ensure that team members understand and follow the processes
• Participate actively in design and code reviews, retrospectives, driving improvements to products and processes
• Design, develop, test, deploy, maintain and enhance new products and features
• Provide engineering troubleshooting to isolate and provide root cause of issues and implement high quality innovative solutions
• Manage the delivery of applications into the factory, web, and MS Store delivery channels
• BS in Computer Science or related technical field and 8+ years of industry experience
• Experience shipping software with Agile practices and tools
• Experience with key concepts in software application design (security, patterns, frameworks, structured code, etc.)
• Hands on experience with software application programming and UWP on Windows OS using Visual Studio 2017
• Knowledge of Web Service standards (REST, SOAP, WSDL, JSON) & XML standards (XML, XML Schema, XLST, XPath etc.)
• Experience with application integration using web services
• Familiarity with using the Atlassian suite of tools (Bit Bucket, Bamboo, Jira and Confluence), Jenkins, Fisheye
• MS in Computer Science or a related technical field and 6+ years of industry experience
• Experience leading a team and delivering customer facing software applications
• Demonstrated strong vendor management skills
• Experience working in a multi-site and multi-cultural environments
• Familiarity with common open source software and licenses
We offer highly competitive salaries, bonus programs, world-class benefits, and unparalleled growth and development opportunities — all to create a compelling and rewarding work environment.
If you’re ready to develop cutting-edge software for a changing world, this is your opportunity to develop with Dell.
Closing date: 31 June 2019 .
Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Learn more about Diversity and Inclusion at Dell here .
- Dell Jobs