IHS Markit Senior Account Executive (Technology, Media, Telecom) in Austin, Texas
Senior Account Executive (Technology, Media, Telecom)
Location – Central or Eastern United States, preferably Austin TX or Boston MA
About IHSMarkit: IHS (NYSE: INFO) is the leading source of information and insight in pivotal areas that shape today’s business landscape: energy, economics, geopolitical risk, sustainability and supply chain management. Businesses and governments around the globe rely on our comprehensive content, expert independent analysis and flexible delivery methods to make high-impact decisions and develop strategies with speed and confidence. Trusted by clients for more than 50 years, IHS Markit employs more than 8000 people in 31 countries. We serve 80 percent of the Global Fortune 500 as well as businesses and governments in 165 countries.
Summary: The Senior Account Executive develops and manages relationships with key assigned clients. In this role, you will be responsible for achieving specific Renewal and Sales/Upsell targets, managing a geographic territory plan, and prospecting and developing sales at new clients in the Technology, Media, and Telecommunications (TMT) sector. Please refer to https://technology.ihs.com for reference website.
• Secure a high level of client retention through responsive and proactive account management.
• Demonstrate an understanding of each client’s specific needs, role and use of our products; provide them with appropriate training and customer service to ensure the highest level of client satisfaction.
• Develop a thorough understanding of all Insight products/services, and ensure clients are accessing all the solutions that meet their business requirements.
• Establish and maintain executive level relationships in major functional areas of the customer organization. Utilize the relationships to develop strong revenue growth initiatives for all Insight products within assigned account base.
• Grow new accounts and manage a holistic geographic sales territory plan via tactical and strategic activities in conjunction with the Director of Sales.
• Manage renewal sales process for existing customer base; including setting expectations, changing needs assessments, and negotiating and processing contracts.
• Follow up on all inbound client inquiries to uncover new and expanding opportunities within client base.
• Maintain consistent and ongoing contact with end-users and decision makers.
• Prospect, present to, and close on new sales opportunities within client base.
• Accurately forecast expected sales and cancellations to Sales Manager on a monthly basis.
• Provide ongoing product feedback from clients to Sales Manager and Product Managers.
• Maintain awareness of, and participate in all relevant training for, new products and capabilities, and market them to account base.
• Minimum 8 years’ experience selling software, services content, consulting, business solutions or high-tech hardware, or consumer electronics products/services.
• Consumer electronics Market experience desired.
• Ability to analyze business opportunities, develop effective sales strategies and close business.
• Track record of developing account and territory plans to achieve penetration and grow revenue.
• Knowledge of contracts and proposal process.
• Client negotiation skills.
• Strong oral communication skills, including presenting to and interacting with decision-makers and diverse populations within a client’s organization.
• Strong written communication skills, especially in ability to write reports in a clear and concise manner.
• Maintain professionalism and confidentiality at all times.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office applications.
• Entrepreneurial spirit.
• Team player who works collaboratively with colleagues, management and all points of the organization.
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in Technology and Consumer Electronics industries.
Travel: Up to 40%
It is the policy of IHS Markit to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, IHS Markit will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. We maintain a drug-free workplace. For candidates in the US, we are a participant in E-Verify (see link below).
EEO is the LawEEO is the Law SupplementRight to WorkPay Transparency PolicyE-Verify
Current ColleaguesIf you are currently a colleague with IHS Markit please apply internally via Workday.
IHS Markit harnesses deep sources of information, analytics and expertise to forge solutions for the industries and markets that drive global economies. Our company partners with clients in business, finance and government to provide the unrivaled insights and perspectives that lead to well-informed, confident decisions. We call this The New Intelligence. IHS Markit serves more than 50,000 key customers in more than 140 countries, including 80 percent of the Fortune Global 500. We help decision makers apply higher-level thinking to daily tasks and strategic issues across a host of industries and disciplines including energy, finance, automotive, engineering, technology, maritime and trade, aerospace and defense, chemical, and economics and country risk.
Headquartered in London, IHS Markit (Nasdaq: INFO) is committed to sustainable, profitable growth.
- IHS Markit Jobs