Abbott Contract Compliance Analyst- Medical Device in Austin, Texas
At Abbott, we're committed to helping people live their best possible life through the power of health. For more than 125 years, we've brought new products and technologies to the world -- in nutrition, diagnostics, medical devices and branded generic pharmaceuticals -- that create more possibilities for more people at all stages of life. Today, 99,000 of us are working to help people live not just longer, but better, in the more than 150 countries we serve.
Working in support of the Medical Devices US Sales Division, the Contract Compliance Analyst will work directly with Sales, Sales Management, Sales Operations, Healthcare Economics, Marketing, and Finance to apply business management principles and financial concepts to identify and recommend strategies that maximize the company’s performance against sales and profit goals and minimize risk. The ideal candidate must have the ability to proactively research, analyze, and interpret data to produce substantiated recommendations. The candidate will work with Legal and Sales in order to prevent and resolve compliance challenges. This position will also play a key role on various cross-functional team projects that will require the ability to work with individuals at all levels of the organization.
· Strategy Development and Decision Making
· Supports the Contract Marketing Manager with the development and implementation of Prevention and Resolution Strategies through quantitative and qualitative data analysis.
· Assists with deal evaluation and creation of analytical deliverables.
· Actively participates on a cross-functional team to reduce non-compliance and risk.
· Participate in legal meetings to review requests that fall outside general guidelines.
· Assists with training sales, national and strategic account management, and other ABT parties on tools, policies, and procedures.
· Compliance Analysis
· Perform quantitative analysis and provide recommendations and consultative support to area and regional Sales Leaders to achieve desired goals.
· Execute analysis of net contract sales, market share, and contract pricing within USD.
· Supports contract performance forecasting. Contributes to continuous improvement of methodologies by measuring forecast versus actual results and intervening early on to avoid compliance issues.
· Perform comparisons to industry/company benchmarks to identify contracting opportunities and best practices.
· Monitors, analyzes and reports ABT compliance status for all accounts in a given geography.
· Develop and publish KPI’s, providing context and analysis on the drivers and performance.
· Provides reports and analysis to department and senior management as requested.
· Provides price apportionment reports to customers, and fields questions regarding those reports.
· Tool Development
· Uses Excel, VBA, SQL, and other tools to streamline and improve routine tasks.
· Along with business operations partners, execute improvement programs to streamline the flow of various system operations.
· Develop tools and models to analyze compliance to commitment contracts.
· Supports business needs with the development of tools and methods that will result in more accurate customer profitability assessment and decision-making.
· Follows all management approved processes and procedures; alerts management when circumstances require deviation to the approved processes and procedures.
General Qualifications: A 4 year college degree and three to five years’ experience in business, financial, or strategic pricing analysis required. Knowledge of mathematical modeling and demonstrated ability to quickly identify relevant details while working with large date sets. Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously: organization, attention to detail, ability to work under general supervision, superior communication and presentation skills, deal with unresolved issues, and effectively communicating and maintaining rapport with Sales Representatives and Managers, National and Strategic Account Management, and all levels of personnel within USD and other STJ divisions. Demonstrated proficiency in operating a personal computer including advanced proficiency with MS Office, Business Objects, and VBA. High degree of originality and ingenuity required.
Desired Qualification: P referred degree in Statistics, Economics, Mathematics, Finance, Industrial Engineering, or Business (or work experience equivalent to the knowledge obtained in one of these fields). Advanced degree in business or statistics, previous experience in the medical device industry, and Six Sigma green belt or black belt certification a plus. Familiarity with SAP.
An Equal Opportunity Employer
Abbot welcomes and encourages diversity in our workforce.
We provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities.
To request accommodation, please call 224-667-4913 or email firstname.lastname@example.org