HCA, Hospital Corporation of America Cardiovascular Service Line Scheduler, Tech in Austin, Texas
Heart Hospital of Austin is part of St. David’s HealthCare, one of the largest health systems in Texas, which was recognized with a Malcolm Baldrige National Quality Award in 2014. Heart Hospital of Austin —home to one of the largest non-academic cardiovascular research programs in the world—is a 58- bed hospital with a comprehensive 24-hour emergency department, an advanced Executive Wellness Program, five operating rooms (ORs), including two hybrid ORs, three catheterization labs and two electrophysiology labs. It is one of the highest performing cardiovascular facilities in the nation, specializing in the diagnosis and treatment of cardiovascular disease. Healthgrades awarded Heart Hospital of Austin, in conjunction with its parent campus, St. David’s Medical Center, the 2016 America’s 100 Best Hospitals Award™, 2016 Patient Safety Excellence Award™ and the 2016 Outstanding Patient Experience Award™—a unique trio of awards that only three hospitals in the nation were able to achieve. Heart Hospital of Austin has been named one of the Top 50 Cardiovascular Hospitals in the nation by Truven Health Analytics for nine years and to Truven's list of 100 Top Hospitals for four years, in conjunction with St. David’s Medical Center.
We offer you an excellent total compensation package, including competitive salary, excellent benefit package and growth opportunities. We believe in our team and your ability to do excellent work with us. Your benefits include 401K, PTO medical, dental, flex spending, life, disability, tuition reimbursement, employee discount program, employee stock purchase program and student loan repayment. We would love to talk to you about this fantastic opportunity.
_JOB SUMMARY_ The CV Service Line scheduler facilitates the scheduling of inpatient and outpatient procedures for the cardiac cath lab, the electrophysiology lab and day patient areas. Receives a large volume of calls and computerized scheduling requests form patients and providers’’ offices. Uses multiple computer systems to perform scheduling functions. Coordinates with patient access to ensure authorizations are in place for services ordered and that all tests are in compliance with Federal guidelines for reimbursement. This position ensures quality by acting as a liaison between patient, hospital staff and physicians. The scheduler works with numerous departments while multi-tasking and maintaining accuracy and performance within a fast-paced environment. Interacts in a professional and timely manner with patients, physician offices, and other department personnel to accomplish patient satisfaction.
1) Primary Duties
* Books, coordinates and reschedules patients’ appointments. Relays necessary messages to staff.
* Sorts and files materials correctly by alphabetic or numeric systems.
* Intakes all pertinent patient information for appointment set-up, and enter appropriately into the Meditech scheduling module.
* Verifies patient demographics.
* Calls patients to verify and confirm appointments and answer any questions as directed. * Answers telephone, screens calls, takes messages, and provides information. * Provides all necessary patient education to facilitate patient’s preparation prior to appointment. * Communicates clearly to other members of the department, apprising of any changes in schedule or potential conflicts. Edits performed in the scheduling module are also duplicated in the admissions module.
* Answers questions regarding patient appointments and testing.
* Informs the physician office staff or patient of any testing requirements according to the instructions and queries in the scheduling module. * Assures customer satisfaction and comfort * Coordinates with day patient and pre-admission staff to create outpatient charts. * Coordinates with physician offices to obtain pre-operative documentation * Other duties as assigned. 2) Professionalism * Adheres to dress code, conduct and attendance policies.
* Accepts both positive and negative constructive feedback.
* Attends at least 80% of in-services and departmental meetings. * Demonstrates a supportive/positive attitude toward the hospital and fellow employees – is a positive team member. * Expresses self in an organized, comprehensive, articulate and concise manner. 3) Initiative * Develops specific work plans and due dates.
* Follows through on planned assignments within assigned timeframes.
* Effectively prioritizes assignments.
* Demonstrates a willingness to accept extra assignments.
* Adjusts to change, work pressures or different situations without undue stress. * Demonstrates skill in developing improvements in work methods.
* Effective in cost control and resource utilization. 4) Key Relationships * Maintains positive relationships with internal customers. Is effective in interacting with and problem solving. * Maintains positive relationships with external customers. Is effective in interacting with and problem solving. * Proactive in meeting customer’s needs. Responds promptly to customer needs or requests.
* Keeps Director informed of problems, recommends solutions * Participates in education/development of peers and other staff 5) Annual Requirements * SDH Annual Education
* Attendance Requirements
* Adheres to Department Dress Code
* Code of Conduct Refresher Course * Other
_EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:_ None
_EDUCATION REQUIRED:_ Associates Degree - Major: Nursing, Cardiovascular Technology, Surgical Technology, Radiological Technology
Other Degree - Major: Nursing Diploma; or graduate of CVT program; or graduate of an educational program in radiology accredited by the JRCERT; or graduate of an American Medical Association approved program in Radiologic Technology; or a military training program of equivalent standard; or Graduate from an accredited educational program for Surgical Technologist; or Has completed an appropriate training program for surgical technology in the Army, Navy, Air Force, Marine Corps, or Coast Guard of the United States or in the United States Public Health Service.
_LICENSES AND CERTIFICATIONS REQUIRED: _ If Registered Nurse with current state licensure or licensure from a state within the Nursing Compact: * Required upon hire * Required within 90 days - if working under compact license, must have current state licensure within 90 days If RCIS: RCIS certification from applicable accrediting body * Required upon hire If Surgical Technologist: must hold and maintain a current certification as a Surgical Technologist * Required upon hire If Radiologic Technician: Certified Texas Department of Health Medical Radiologic Technologist; Registered Technologist with the American Registry of Radiologic Technologists; if hired prior to 4/13/12 and been performing x-rays since 1987 AND was grandfathered in by the state of Texas, only CMRT required. * Required upon hire If If
Job: *Admitting Registration Clerical & Scheduling
Title: Cardiovascular Service Line Scheduler, Tech
Location: Texas-Austin-Heart Hospital of Austin
Requisition ID: 25960-68645