Rose International INC Mechanical Engineer in Aurora, Illinois
Position Title: Mechanical Engineer
Position Number: 302008
Location: Aurora, IL
Desired Skill Set:
Creo, Mechanical Engineer, MS Excel
STEM-OPT is not available Job Title: Mechanical Engineer
Job ID: 8830616
Duration: 12 months
Location: Aurora, IL
Direct and participate in the design and development of new product concepts and complex engineering projects for release to production in a manner to ensure products provide superior performance, durability, quality, and serviceability for the Hard Rock Vehicle underground product team
• Conceives and provides practical product design applications using complex technical principles.
• Emphasis of this position is on creating concepts and directing the design and development of complex engineering projects.
• Prepares concept, design, development, and feasibility studies of complex engineering projects.
• Delegates portions of the project to other engineers and leads and coordinates the design, analysis, and computer simulation effort.
• Prepares development plans and is responsible for meeting scheduled dates.
• Acts as the development team leader by interacting with Plant locations and various engineering departments.
• Conducts technical evaluations on competitive products.
• Coordinates product tests with prove design and prototype build up and test areas.
• Provides guidance to other engineers responsible for portions of the product project to ensure development schedules are met.
• Evaluates, defines, and resolves design and manufacturing problems.
• Travels to foreign and domestic plants, dealerships, and customer job sites to solve design problems or to field test locations to evaluate a product improvement. Uses technical expertise and product knowledge to play the leadership role in the problem resolution process when interfacing with Test and Evaluation, Service, Plant personnel, suppliers, and consultants.
• Works with manufacturability teams resolving problems with manufacturing and statistical process controls.
• Keeps abreast of latest technological advancements and prepares design concepts and develops unique product design features the Company often patents to gain competitive advantage.
• Travels worldwide to suppliers, production plants, dealerships, customer job sites, and field test locations related to the development of engineering projects and problem resolution.
• Bachelor''s Degree or above in Mechanical Engineering, or related field of study
• 2+ years of design experience using Creo and VisView software
• Strong conceptualization, communication, interpersonal, problem solving, and teamwork skills
• Ability to perform independent and complex assignments while working with offshore resources
• Ability to prioritize tasks to deliver high quality and velocity results
• Ability to collaborate with suppliers and other process partners to develop designs which fulfill customer expectations and meet cost, manufacturing, and assembly goals
• Previous analytical experience in using FEA and other Caterpillar analytical tools
• Demonstrated passion and commitment in using VPD for NPI and NTI initiatives
• Experience with Caterpillar wheeled machine applications (i.e. wheel loaders and trucks)#CBRose#
Send me a reminder to complete this application
Rose International is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender (expression or identity), national origin, arrest and conviction records, disability, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law. Positions located in San Francisco and Los Angeles, California will be administered in accordance with their respective Fair Chance Ordinances.
Rose International has an official agreement (ID #132522), effective June 30, 2008, with the U.S. Department of Homeland Security, U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services, Employment Verification Program (E-Verify).
(Posting required by OCGA 13/10-91.)