University of Colorado Open Rank-Assistant Professor-GU Clinic in Aurora, Colorado
University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus
School of Medicine, Department of Medicine
Open Rank Faculty - Urologic Oncology - 17113
ASSISTANT, ASSOCIATE, OR FULL PROFESSOR
(GU) Urologic Oncology
Position #765599 - Requisition 17113
The University of Colorado Denver l Anschutz Medical Campus seeks individuals with demonstrated commitment to creating an inclusive learning and working environment. We value the ability to engage effectively with students, faculty and staff of diverse backgrounds.
The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is a
comprehensive urban research university serving more than 28,000 students in metropolitan Denver and online. We award nearly 4,000 degrees each year, including more graduate and professional degrees than any other Colorado public institution. With our solid academic reputation, award-winning faculty and renowned researchers, we offer 119 highly rated degree programs through 13 schools and colleges. The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is well known for its distinctive and highly productive research programs, its world-class health facilities at the Anschutz Medical Campus and
its well-established partnerships in business, industry and government.
These campuses currently have over $400 million in research awards each year. In addition to the wide array of health-related programs and facilities offered at our Anschutz Medical Campus, a significant number of undergraduate and graduate degree programs are taught at our comprehensive campus in the heart of downtown Denver. Denver is one of America’s most vibrant urban centers and the downtown campus, located just steps from the Denver Center for Performing
Arts and the LoDo District, affords our students, faculty and staff access to a broad array of academic, professional, community, recreational and cultural outlets.
Faculty applicants at the senior level (Associate or Full Professor) should have a track record of research funding. Appointees will be expected to establish and maintain strong extramurally funded research programs and participate in teaching of graduate and medical students. The position is housed at the Anschutz Medical Campus in the greater Denver area. Faculty appointees will receive excellent start-up support and will work in a collaborative environment with state-of-the-art research and Multidisciplinary clinic facilities.
NATURE OF WORK
The Department of Medicine, Division of Medical Oncology invites applications for tenure-eligible faculty positions at all levels. The faculty opening is for a clinical rank full time in the University of Colorado Medical School of Medicine clinical appointment at the University of Colorado Genitourinary (GU) Cancer Clinic. The Genitourinary clinic is a Multidisciplinary facility. It does provide men and women with a location to receive advanced treatment of urological diseases. A leader in research, clinic faculty and researchers work closely to make sure that patients receive the best care available.
The Division of medical oncology consists of a diverse group of both clinicians and basic science faculty members along with clinical trainees, research laboratory technicians, administrative support and administrators. The mission of the division of medical oncology is to provide optimal medical care, perform cutting-edge research, provide first rate cancer care education, to optimize clinical/basic science collaboration, and to provide outstanding resources for the support of these activities. This position supports the ongoing research activities of the division.
The position will primarily report to the Division Head of Medical Oncology. Within the setting, they will report to the clinic medical director and also to the GU medical oncology research director relating to research coordination.
Serve in a clinical educator role, specializing in GU Oncology with the responsibility for education of residents and and graduate students, providing care for inpatients. Provide consultative services for patients' care with other faculty members at UCHealth Cancer Clinic, as well as contributing to various research, educational and clinical initiatives related to areas of interests and expertise. Provide support for the growth and development of Multidisciplinary GU Oncology clinics.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The faculty primary position duties will include:
• Work as a clinical and translational GU oncology researcher.
• Provide direct patient care in the GU oncology clinic at the University of Colorado Hospital, Anschutz Medical Campus, Aurora, Colorado.
• Act as Inpatient oncology attending on the medical oncology service. Act as on Oncology inpatient service on rotating basis. Supervise plan of care, procedures, tests and consultation ordering of Housestaff. Share on call weekend rotation.
• Attend weekly urologic second opinion conference for case review and presentation.
• Attend weekly GU oncology research meeting for review of subjects on oncology clinical trials and also the twice monthly GU protocol review meetings.
• Participate in the training of medical students, residents and medical oncology fellows.
• Serve as a principal investigator on investigator initiated, cooperative groups and industry trials in GU oncology. May be involved in cancer clinics with CU cancer center consortium and affiliate sites.
• May be involved management of critical pathway and case management across the continuum of care as indicated. Support the departmental and divisional research efforts including clinical trial accrual and development research mentoring.
• Participate as a team member in providing healthcare, interacting with
professional colleagues to provide comprehensive care as a responsible professional.
• Maintain accurate, legible and confidential records.
• Work with other CU researchers to facilitate translational research.
• Participate in regulatory aspects of clinical research including IRB's and scientific review committees.
• Fulfill the following teaching responsibilities: structured, didactic lectures on genitourinary cancers to medical oncology fellows during the Fellows Friday seminars.
• Provide continuous teaching on the hospital wards to rotating medical
students, internal medicine residents, and medical oncology fellows while on the in-patient service.
• Conduct informal teaching in the outpatient setting to all levels of trainees that accompany the faculty position within the clinic.
• Attend Hematology/Oncology conferences, journal clubs, etc. Present teaching lectures to residents, medical students, and fellows.
Salary and Benefits:
Salary is commensurate with skills and experience. The University of Colorado offers a full benefits package. Information on University benefits programs, including eligibility, is located atEmployee Services.
University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our faculty, staff, students and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct background checks for all new employees prior to their employment.
The Immigration Reform and Control Act requires that verification of employment eligibility be documented for all new employees by the end of the third day of work. Alternative formats of this ad are available upon request for persons with disabilities.
Your total compensation goes beyond the number on your paycheck. The University of Colorado provides generous leave, health plans and retirement contributions that add to your bottom line.
Total Compensation Calculator:https://www.cu.edu/employee-services/total-compensation
Diversity and Equity:**
Please click here for information on disability accommodations:http://www.ucdenver.edu/about/departments/HR/jobs/Pages/JobsatCUDenver.aspx
The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is committed to recruiting and supporting a diverse student body, faculty and administrative staff. The university strives to promote a culture of inclusiveness, respect, communication and understanding. We encourage applications from women, ethnic minorities, persons with disabilities and all veterans. The University of Colorado is committed to diversity and equality in education and employment.
This position requires a MD degree from an accredited Institution in the U.S. or formal education equivalent. Finalist must be qualifed to obtain a State of Colorado physician license; and have one year of medical onoclogy experience. Completions of a medical oncology or hematology/oncology fellowship and at least 1 year of post-fellowship Genitourinary Oncology clinical/research training is required. Candidated must be able to demonstrate potential for excellence in teaching and research.
Priority will be given to candidates with demonstrated experience
investigating translational human GU cancer. The applicant must be
highly motivated, have good interpersonal skills, and have experience in supervising or training of research and clinic personnel.
Organization: *U0001 -- DENVER & ANSCHUTZ MED CAMPUS
Title: Open Rank-Assistant Professor-GU Clinic
Requisition ID: 17113
University of Colorado
- University of Colorado Jobs