SunTrust Banks Trust and Investment Risk and Control Consultant in Atlanta, Georgia
Req ID: W460481
Develops, analyzes, coordinates and implements the LOB Risk Management programs and framework. Serves as the risk management expert providing leadership and meaningful input to ensure risk data is captured, risk mitigation strategies and controls are developed, and appropriate reporting mechanisms are in place. Assures the LOB has adequate processes and procedures in place to effectively monitor and manage risk. Monitors activities related to compliance with operational risk guidelines. Completes Process and Targeted Reviews. Reviews documentation, performs testing and supports remediation efforts in the function/LOB. Conducts risk and control assessments on a regular basis to ensure function/LOB meets corporate standards that specifically relate to internal operating controls. Assesses levels of adherence/execution and identifies risk/control improvements in areas with medium complexity. Assists in update of function/LOB control, policy, procedures, and risk/control documentation. Develops project plans, determine scope, lead projects, verify deliverables with stakeholders. Interpret results and present findings and recommendations. Assists with knowledge transfer of resources and processes to other Risk teams Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Economics, Finance, or Accounting, or an equivalent combination of education and work experience.
- 5 years of work experience including audit, operations, process engineering or risk management
- Strong knowledge of SOX and other industry-related regulatory requirements, and operational risk concepts.
- Professional communications and presentation skills.
- Strong relationship management skills.
- Demonstrated leadership or management skills.
Solid knowledge of risk management principles and controls, broad-based business practices, and deep understanding of segment/function business processes, with the ability to assess levels of adherence/execution and identify risk/control improvement opportunities. Preferred Qualifications:
Experience in the financial services industry
- Project management skills
- Strong writing and verbal skills
- Ability to work within a matrix organization Equal Opportunity Employer: SunTrust supports a diverse workforce and is a Drug Testing and Equal Opportunity Employer. SunTrust does not discriminate against individuals on the basis of race, creed, color, gender, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, pregnancy, marital status, citizenship status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, or any other classification protected by applicable laws.
To review the EEO Poster, copy and paste the following link into your browser: http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeocselfprintposter.pdf http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/OFCCPEEOSupplementFinalJRFQA_508c.pdf
© 2017 SunTrust Banks, Inc. All rights reserved.
SunTrust is federally registered service marks of SunTrust Banks, Inc.