House of Blues Production Manager in Atlanta, Georgia
Unity in Diversity
Our team members are as diverse as our music venues. With its owned/operated/managed venues, Live Nation Clubs and Theaters, a division of Live Nation Entertainment, is wide-ranging, including the legendary Fillmore venues and the intimate House of Blues clubs throughout the United States. Live Nation Clubs and Theaters is the country’s preeminent group of intimate music venues, featuring superior sound and lighting technology in one-of-a-kind custom-designed environments aimed to bring fans and artists together in unparalleled musical environments.
Our mission is to create a profitable and principled global entertainment company. To celebrate the diversity and brotherhood of world culture. To promote racial and spiritual harmony through love, peace, truth, righteousness and non-violence. Our venues bring fans as close to artists as possible and our aim is to create teams that are just as close.
The Production Manager is responsible for ensuring the success of show and event productions by managing the technical and personnel aspects of the Production department through detailed preparation.
What You Need:
· Atlanta Responsible Alcohol Awareness Training Certification or Equivalent
· Minimum 3 years of prior management experience in an entertainment venue.
· 3 years minimum Tour and Stage Production experience.
· Experience in stage lighting, pro audio systems and basic video systems.
· Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously.
· Ability to make clear concise decisions; sometimes with limited information.
· Computer literate in Windows applications.
· Must possess superior interpersonal communication and organizational skills.
· Flexible Schedule (days/nights, late hours, weekends, and holidays)
· High School Diploma
· Tolerance of all cultures, music and art forms
· Some college or college degree in related field
· Point of Sales knowledge
· Behavioral based interviewing skills
· Interest in nightlife
· Cash handling experience
· Experience recognizing valid ID's
· Experience in a live music environment
Physical Demands/Working Environment:
· Working environment is fast-paced and often loud and stressful
· Position requires extended periods of prolonged standing, lifting, bending, reaching, and working on your feet
· Must be able to lift or move up to 75 lbs. using proper lifting techniques
· Tolerance of loud noise level in working environment
· Able to wear a radio earpiece during the scheduled shift
What You’ll Do:
• Ensure positive and creative environment for management team
• Assist in conducting staff evaluations (training, 90 day and Annual). Set development and performance goals and monitor progress.
• Assist in recruitment and hiring of new managers and staff, ensure complete training.
• Ensure hires/disciplinary/termination’s follow all HOBE guidelines.
• Assist in maintaining department manuals and training materials for all production positions.
• Develop and maintain department manuals and training materials for all production positions.
• Support production department personnel with job functions as needed.
• Assist in creating budgetary requirements and tracking the financial aspects of department.
• Create and maintain daily band cost spreadsheet.
• Create and maintain inventory and maintenance log.
• Ensure all procedures are cost effective.
• Create daily and weekly show schedule.
• Assist in scheduling appropriate number of staff while maintaining labor costs within the assigned budgetary guidelines.
• Maintain regular communications with Venue and Corporate Management.
• Facilitate proper interdepartmental communication and organization
• Assist in managing stage, sound, and lighting crews.
• Coordinate operational feedback with Talent Buyer.
• Advance technical details for shows/events.
• Assist with the maintenance of audio, lighting, backline, video and CD-ROM systems advising on repairs when needed.
• Advance food and beverage/hospitality requirements.
• Ensure information is distributed to Operations Managers in a timely basis.
• Responsible for safe and consistent operation of all equipment.
• Advise on design and purchase of site lighting systems (patio, lounge/bar, etc.)
• Attend production and operations meeting as outlined by Talent Buyer.
• Maintain “past show” files.
• Maintain accurate vendor records, following Purchase Ordering Systems.
• Responsible for documenting and delivering disciplinary actions to production crew.
• Competitive compensation and bonus plans
• Professional career development
• Additional benefits
If the above description sounds like you and fits your background, apply online at http://www.livenation.com/careers/index.html to join the Live Nation Clubs and Theaters team today!
Applicants for employment in the U.S. must possess work authorization which does not require sponsorship by the employer for a visa.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITYLive Nation Entertainment strongly supports equal employment opportunity for all applicants regardless of race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, marital status, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by state or federal law.
HIRING PRACTICESThe preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Live Nation Entertainment recruitment policies are designed to place the most highly qualified persons available in a timely and efficient manner. Live Nation Entertainment may pursue all avenues available, including promotion from within, employee referrals, outside advertising, employment agencies, Internet recruiting, job fairs, college recruiting and search firms.
Recognized two years in a row by Great Place to Work®, Live Nation Entertainment is the global leader in live entertainment and ticketing. From ground-breaking software to support our world-class platform Ticketmaster, to our mix of legendary venues and restaurants in House of Blues, to our unparalleled roster of artists supported by diverse professionals in all facets of corporate operations, we offer a world of opportunity and an array of careers across every discipline.
We recognize that our most important assets are our employees, the rock stars who keep the live experience going. Generous vacation, healthcare, and retirement benefits are just some of the great perks we offer to support our full-time, global workforce of more than 21,000. For any stage in your career, our many unique benefit programs are designed to help you live life to the fullest. We offer student loan repayment to support recent grads, six months of paid caregiver leave to support new parents (plus a baby bonus to help with expenses), and tuition reimbursement to fuel your ongoing professional development and career growth. Plus, working for the world's largest live event and ticketing company means you'll have access to concerts, festivals, sports games, and other live events through our exclusive employee ticket concierge.
There is no bigger stage for your career. See what your future looks like at Live Nation Entertainment.