Federal Reserve Bank Manager, Administrative Operations in Atlanta, Georgia
This position is responsible for leading the day-to-day operations of the administration function for the department and/or division. The position provides leadership and coordination by directing a diverse set of critical business support responsibilities including financial planning and control, contract management, recruiting, visiting scholar administration and general administrative support for a large department of professionals.
- Performs personnel management functions such as hiring employees and interns, employee performance appraisals and counseling, compensation decisions including salary and variable pay administration, along with other personnel actions for the division.
- Coordinates budgets ensuring compliance with System guidance and ongoing monitoring. Coordinates administrative functions for the department, to include planning and oversight of the department budget, contract management (including data and visiting scholars), expense monitoring, business continuity, and time & labor.
- Maintains expert knowledge of the Bank’s and unique department policies/procedures. Directs efforts to improve the effectiveness, efficiency, costs in operations, workflows, and methodologies of the department administrative processes, and develops new solutions or processes as needed in the division due to the nature of the work.
- Directs, manages or participates in project work of high complexity and priority related to function, Bank or System initiatives or administration.
- Analyzes, plans, conducts and/or prepares plans or procedures that provide operational and/or technical support to achieve specific objectives.
- Serves as the department representative when addressing specific needs of the department with HR, Legal, Financial Management & Planning (FMP), and other internal and external entities.
Education:Bachelor’s Degree preferred in relevant field of expertise (Accounting, Finance or other related discipline).
Experience: Three to five years of relevant work experience in accounting, finance, or other related discipline
Knowledge Area/Technical Skills/Certifications and Licenses:
- Cost/Expense Accounting or Finance
- Department Knowledge (processes, procedures, operations, etc.)
- Planning and project management
- Written and verbal communications/presentation skills
- Lawson, PACSWeb, BUDCast and PeopleSoft knowledge
- Proficient in MS Office Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- Developing Direct Reports and Others
- Managerial Courage
- Decision Quality
- Directing Others
- Strategic Agility
- Priority Setting
- Motivating Others
- Interpersonal Savvy
/This is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, performance standards or requirements, efforts, skills or working conditions associated with the job. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current job, management reserves the right to revise the job or to require that other or different tasks be performed when circumstances change (e.g. emergencies, rush jobs, change in workload or technological developments)./
/The Federal Reserve Bank of Atlanta is an equal opportunity employer./
Organization: *Federal Reserve Bank of Atlanta
Title: Manager, Administrative Operations
Requisition ID: 258031