Daifuku Web Holding Company ELS Manual Encoder/Customer Service Agent in Atlanta, Georgia
Under direct supervision/assistance, this position is responsible for providing customer service while directing passenger movement, handling passenger baggage and ensuring that customer baggage is directed to the appropriate locations from stations in the Airport bag room.
- Provides customer service and direction to traveling public while accepting passenger baggage.
- Scans the bar code(s) of oversized baggage.
- Manually encodes bag by scanning or keying in destination information to the correct bag room location.
- Collects and distributes tubs for usage in proper baggage handling procedures.
- May complete computer entries and paperwork appropriate for tasks performed, if applicable.
- Completes all safety training as assigned by the Company.
- Compliance with all ELS safety programs, policies and procedures.
- Performs additional duties/assignments that may be required by management from time to time.
- High School Graduate or General Education Degree (GED)
2 years previous work experience.
Ability to work a non-traditional schedule including weekends and holidays.
- Previous experience in an Airport environment.
- 2+ years’ experience in customer service
- Basic computer skills
- Knowledge of bar code scanners
ADDITIONAL SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Ability to accept responsibility and account for his/her actions.
- Ability to use thinking and reasoning to solve a problem.
- Ability to take care of customer needs while following company procedures.
- Ability to demonstrate conduct conforming to a set of values and accepted standards.
- Ability to focus on a goal and obtain a pre-determined result.
- Ability to formulate a sound decision using the available information.
- Ability to effectively build relationships with customers and co-workers.
- Possess the trait of being organized or following a systematic method of performing a task
- Ability to work with people regardless ofrace, gender, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, marital status, veteran status, medical condition or job type.
- Ability to get along well with a variety of personalities and individuals.
- Ability to obtain the proper resources to complete job assignment.
- Ability to identify and correct conditions that affect employee safety.
- Ability to be truthful and be seen as credible in the workplace.
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and concisely.
- Ability to work under pressure with time constraints.
- Ability to complete assigned training in a timely manner.
Computer Skills:Basic computer knowledge. Ability to log in, retrieve and answer emails, and take training.
- Must be able to read, write, speak and understand English.
- Must be able obtain and maintain an Airport Security badge and Customs clearance.
- Must be able to comply with the ELS Drug and Alcohol policy.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS:The physical demands of this position vary by day and are not based solely on a single workday.
Handling / Keying
Reach Above Shoulder
N (Not Applicable)
Squat or Stoop
Bend or Kneel
10 lbs or less
10 lbs or less
N (Not Applicable)
Activity is not applicable to this occupation.
Occupation requires this activity less than 5% of the time
Occupation requires this activity up to 33% of the time (0 - 2.5+ hrs/day)
Occupation requires this activity from 33% - 66% of the time (2.5 - 5.5+ hrs/day)
Occupation requires this activity more than 66% of the time (5.5+ hrs/day)
Other Physical Requirements:Vision (Near, Distance), Hearing
Works in the Airport Bag Room during part or all of an eight or ten hour work shift, in conditions that may contain dust, dirt, temperature changes and continual noise that is below OSHA’s action level. Will also work in the Airport Concourse in conditions that are climate controlled and require periods of continual standing.
Elite Line Services (ELS) is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, gender, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, marital status, veteran status or medical condition.
# of Openings: 8
Shift: All Shifts
Company Division: Atech