Emory University Asst Director of Admission(Prof Sch) in Atlanta, Georgia
Assists in developing, implementing and evaluating recruitment strategies for a professional school. Attends recruitment functions and maintains contact with prospective students, candidates and recruiting contacts. May coordinate admission programs for one or more student group such as prospects, already accepted prospects, alumni, internationals, or transfers. Reviews applications for admission, provides comments, and assigns an admissions rating to each application. Recommends which applicants to accept, refer, reject, or put on the waiting list. May participate in coordinating alumni volunteer activities to enhance student recruitment. Assists in planning and implementing special student recruitment events. Conducts information sessions and tours for visiting students and parents. Answers questions concerning admission, housing, financial aid, academic departments and the university in general. Performs related responsibilities as required.
A bachelor's degree and three years of college admission or recruiting experience in a university or business environment or related experience. Effective public speaking skills.
• Represents the School with the highest degree of professionalism through an array of outreach programs and activities.
• Utilizes CRM system to track prospective student engagement, conduct recruitment data analysis, manage contacts and generate reports.
• Utilizes CRM system to support digital communication for prospect engagement and event management.
• Supports the defined admissions strategy with innovative outreach expected to expand the candidate pool.
• Occasional travel required to attend local and non-local recruitment functions: domestic and international, some early morning, evenings, and weekends.
• Delivers presentations for diverse groups of prospective applicants.
• Maintains working relationships with other school departments; working closely with the Program Offices, the Career Management Center, and the Marketing department.
• Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
• Supports defined paths to leverage corporations, non-for-profits, military and other organizations to generate candidate interest.
• Supports prospect engagement for diversity, women, international, and special populations in the program pools.
• Supports website, print material and social media strategy to achieve recruiting and pipeline growth goals.
• Provides timely follow through on communication plans by initiating & answering correspondence and inquiries from prospective students.
Competencies and Related Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to work effectively with a wide range of constituencies in a diverse community.
• Demonstrate a strong sense of cultural awareness to support recruiting in a global market and provide a positive example to raise awareness levels.
• Comfortable in sharing ideas and incorporating the ideas of others in order to reach good decisions.
• Demonstrated ability to efficiently and effectively solve problems by initiating and implement projects independently.
• Must be detail-oriented.
• Ability to travel and work flexible hours.
• Knowledge of the broad spectrum of available university academic units, curricula, and programs.
• Knowledge of student recruitment issues.
• Ability to provide consistent personalized positive attention to candidates.
• Ability to maintain confidentiality of records and information.
Connect With Us!
Not ready to apply?
Job Number 31642
Job Type Regular Full-Time
Division Goizueta Business School
Department GBS: MBA Admissions
This position may involve the following Health and Safety issues: Not Applicable
Job Category Admissions & Student Life
Emory University is an equal opportunity/equal access/affirmative action employer fully committed to achieving a diverse workforce and complies with all applicable Federal and Georgia State laws, regulations, and executive orders regarding nondiscrimination and affirmative action in its programs and activities. Emory University does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, ethnic or national origin, gender, genetic information, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, and veteran's status. Inquiries about this statement should be directed to the Office of Equity and Inclusion, 201 Dowman Drive, Administration Bldg, Atlanta, GA 30322
- Emory University Jobs