IBM Analyst Strategy- Data Science, AI in Atlanta, Georgia
IBM seeks a Data Science and AI Analyst Specialist to guide analyst strategy, promoting the capabilities and market presence of the portfolio with analysts, and guide analyst engagement strategy for IBM executives and product teams.
The specialist will work closely with the IBM Analytics business unit’s multi-disciplinary teams of strategists, designers, and technologists to deeply understand the offerings and communicate IBM Analytics and AI vision and capabilities to the influencer community.
The candidate will help the organization respond to numerous analyst evaluations and reports throughout the year, helping to guide the entire research life cycle; this process requires research and resource collaboration with multiple offering (product) management, development and marketing teams. The candidate must be proficient in storytelling and both persuasive and technical conversant, while aiming to influence analyst positioning of Analytics and AI. Writing with precision and attention to detail is paramount.
The candidate will help develop the analyst strategy for the Data Science and AI portfolio, tying it into the broader Analytics and AI strategy. This will include managing a cadence of creative messaging about IBM’s data science and AI portfolio and client successes to key analysts and influencers who cover the digital transformation space. The candidate must “influence the influencers” with positive and informative materials, build relationships to build trust and to enhance analysts’ understanding of our capabilities and increase IBM “share of mind” as they speak to their own clients and write reports.
Analytics and AI represents an important and strategic imperative for IBM, and the data science portfolio is the vanguard of innovation. The candidate will need to link developments and strategy in the data science portfolio to the overall Analytics and AI picture, including emerging technologies and strategic investments of tomorrow.
The candidate will report to the leader of Analyst Relations Analytics and AI group, with dotted line into Analytics and AI business unit leadership.
Analyst strategy is at the nexus of IBM sales and strategy. AR plays a critical, cross-functional strategy role by working with experts at many different levels of the organization across offering (product) management, engineering, communications, sales and marketing teams while leveraging important technology analysts.
This data science and AI analyst strategist should have a strong background in writing and creating strategic content with a keen eye for key competitive differentiation. Significant experience presenting material in large and small venues is required as well as a background in market research, communications, data analysis, and competitive positioning. This role requires the ability to work on multiple fast paced projects at the same time, strong analytical skills, and experience evaluating qualitative and quantitative research in the tech sector. This candidate must also enjoy building relationships with industry influencers and internal stakeholders.
The candidate will interact with colleagues across IBM’s global offices to build and nurture strong internal relationships that will be leveraged to engage with leading influencers to help elevate IBM’s story and customer successes.
• Develop, manage and execute a targeted data science and AI analyst strategy plan for the influencer community, educating the most influential industry/technical analysts, hybrid analysts, bloggers, marketers, etc., who work with existing or prospective IBM customers, key global media and financial markets
• Embed with the business unit to influence strategy while improving analyst/influencer perceptions and relationships year-over-year
• Ensure that the data science and AI portfolio is well positioned against its competitors and the markets that IBM competes in; shape the perception of the broader IBM Analytics and AI portfolio, and the value it brings to its customers
• Monitor the competitive landscape and strategic developments, sharing analyst and influencer research and implications with senior management to shape BU strategy and offerings
• Connect key IBM executives with expert analysts/influencers for advisory sessions to help define and influence offering strategy
• Collaborate with colleagues in marketing, sales, offering management, communications, legal and BU leadership to ensure that IBM is getting the best representation with the analyst/influencer community
• Manage and procure paid strategic research projects and marketing collateral on behalf of IBM to ensure that key analyst firms are actively engaged with IBM offerings
• Develop a keen understanding of how to build credible and impactful relationships with key influencers and leading industry analysts. Honesty, tenacity and consistency are key attributes.
• Grow a deep technical interest in data science and AI specifically, and Analytics and AI broadly, in order to go toe to toe with analysts and influencers on the subject
• Co-Create and Co-execute plans for Analytics and AI and third-party AR external events that complement and validate IBM’s corporate messaging and strategy by incorporating actual customer use cases.
• Work with Marketing and appropriate analysts/consultants to create a variety marketing content, including papers (both qualitative and quantitative), webinars, and speaking engagements. Work with Marketing to locate and license syndicated analyst research to serve as valuable marketing campaign content.
Required skills Include:
• Technical understanding of data science and AI concepts, uses cases, and products
• Excellent oral and written communications skills
• Ability to converse intelligently and persuasively with industry experts
• Demonstrated tactical ability to handle immediate-term projects
• Demonstrated strategic ability, to shape and execute a long-term analyst influence program both internally and externally
• Demonstrated ability to collaborate on cross-functional, cross-team projects, driving the agenda to advance the analyst strategy
• Candidate must be willing to travel up to 25% to meet in person with business unit executives and key global analysts and influencers
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
• An undergraduate engineering degree, or equivalent work experience
• Experience working in or covering the tech industry specifically in Analytics and AI (Database, Data Management, Cloud Data Services, Data Science, AI)
• 10+ years of diverse work experience in more than one functional area such as: research, engineering, product management, product marketing, M&A, market research, consulting, communications or strategy
• Experience building an AI or analytics-based product, working in some portion of the product lifecycle
• Executive presence to counsel senior management regarding the market, competitive landscape and analyst outlook.
• Candidates must have the tenacity, determination and patience to be able to challenge conventional thinking and processes.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Superior inclusive team-building skills.
Preferred Tech and Prof Experience
• A graduate degree, or comparable work experience, in a strategic discipline (MBA, MS, etc)
• Experience in data management
• Existing relationships with leading industry analysts/influencers in the database management space
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
- IBM Jobs