YMCA of Western North Carolina Volunteer Fitness Floor Member Mentor in Asheville, North Carolina
Goal of Role
To help provide a positive experience to new and current members on the wellness floor.
Tasks and Activities
- Greet and welcome members on the wellness floor.
- Explain basic rules regarding equipment usage, etc.
- Direct members to other areas/programs according to their fitness goals.
- Assist in daily cleaning of equipment as assigned.
- Take direction from Wellness Staff.
Length of commitment
4+/month. Agreed upon weekly schedule.
☐ At volunteer’s discretion
☒ At specified times: that correspond with volunteer’s exercise schedule.
Reuter Family YMCA
Qualifications and skills desired
- Be welcoming, friendly, calm and helpful.
- Be on time.
- Eagerness to help others.
- Works effectively with people of different backgrounds, abilities, opinions and perceptions.
Training and other requirements
- Attendance at a one-hour Wellness Floor Member Mentor training session.
Job Location: Downtown Asheville - Asheville, NC
Position Type: Volunteer
Job Category: Other