Amazon Arlington HQ Technical Program Manager in Arlington, Virginia
Have you ever thought about helping U.S. Intelligence Community agencies implement innovative cloud computing solutions and solve technical problems? Would you like to do this using the latest cloud computing technologies?
Amazon Route 53 is a highly available and scalable Domain Name System (DNS) service offered by Amazon Web Services. We operate in over 50 locations worldwide and provide advanced functionality such as latency-based routing (LBR), Private DNS, Geo DNS routing, DNS failover, and integration with a plethora of AWS services. On top of that, we offer fast change propagation with a 100% availability SLA. Our service is quickly growing and we're expanding in multiple directions: adding new features and functionality to our DNS services, better traffic management, new AWS integrations, improving our health check capabilities, and expanding with new services in the naming and routing space.
This position will be highly customer centric, working directly with AWS service teams to plan and deploy new features and updated functionality to our customers. Ideal candidates have thrived and succeeded in delivering high quality technology products and services in a hyper-growth environment where priorities shift fast. You must be a strong leader who can prioritize well and communicate clearly and compellingly. You must understand how to drive a high level of focus and excellence within a strong team. You will be responsible for coordinating projects delivered by an international team of software development, network, and security engineering teams. You will coordinate work to design, develop, and deliver tools and compute products and improve the life of our operators across the offering.
This role will sit in our new headquarters in Northern Virginia, where Amazon will invest $2.5 billion dollars, occupy 4 million square feet of energy efficient office space, and create at least 25,000 new full-time jobs. Our employees and the neighboring community will also benefit from the associated investments from the Commonwealth including infrastructure updates, public transportation improvements, and new access to Reagan National Airport.
By working together on behalf of our customers, we are building the future one innovative product, service, and idea at a time. Are you ready to embrace the challenge? Come build the future with us.
· Bachelors degree in Computer Science, related field, or equivalent work experience
· 3+ years of Technical Program Management experience in a related industry
· 3+ years of experience with agile development or similar methodologies for continuous development of products and technology
· 1+ year experience of system architecture and design documentation
· This position requires that the candidate selected be a U.S. citizen and obtain and maintain an active TS/SCI security clearance with polygraph.
· Position location: Crystal City, VA
· Oral and written communication skills
· Strong documentation skills
· Meets/exceeds Amazon’s leadership principles requirements for this role
· Meets/exceeds Amazon’s functional/technical depth and complexity for this role
Amazon.com is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation/ Age