Nestle Sr. Manager, Customer Development - Snacks, Meals & Beverages in Arlington, Virginia
The primary responsibilities of this position are to drive the performance of assigned businesses through trade and channel strategies. The Sr. Manager, CD, will facilitate collaborative communication between the internal Commercial Team and Retail Field Sales. The position is focused against creating and delivering the “Go-To-Market” strategies to ensure the achievement of the Divisions’ volume, RIG, profit and share targets. Success in the role is defined as being a channel and customer expert to the Internal Commercial team as well as the business and category expert for Retail Field Sales. The position is responsible for UpAge Snacks (base and organic), Meals, Beverages & Alternate Route to Market strategy nationally across all channels and customers.
Drive alignment on Brand Objectives with Retail Field Sales teams. This includes monitoring and tracking category and new item performance, participation in Mid-Month Sales calls, and completing Monthly Sales Review commentary for assigned businesses. Also represents Retail Sales during the Monthly Business Process including the Monthly Sales Review (MSR) and Monthly Gap Review (MGR).
Act as point person for communication between the Retail Field Sales teams and the Division. Along with Category Management, participate in all relevant new item initiatives by developing pricing, promotion, merchandising and customer/channel strategies on assigned businesses. Lead the creation, communication and dissemination of “gold standard” selling materials. Assist and participate in key account presentations and meetings with customer teams.
Actively participate in the annual planning process (Integrated Commercial Plan). Includes reviewing learnings from previous year, evolving trade strategies, securing/managing a national trade budget and assigning retail customer annual shipment and trade targets (i.e. HPT).
Create, evaluate and monitor Trade / Pricing strategies on assigned businesses. Continually develop retail customer and channel insights, including competitive intelligence. Act as point person for Retail Sales as it relates to development and execution of the Alternate Route to Market strategy.
• Ability to analyze, interpret and develop recommendations from disparate data sources
• Strong technical skill set including Shipment and Consumption analytics experience
• Financial strength understanding Manufacturer and Retailer Profitability
• Solid understanding of customer management
• Ability to collaborate and effectively work cross functionally
• College degree; Training and experience in the following areas: Highly developed Presentation skills, Interpersonal Skills, Negotiation Skills, Sales skills, Time Management, Project Management
• Travel Requirements - up to 20%
• Experience: 7 years CPG relevant experience, preferably Retail Sales account management – either internal or field based, and/or category management; Experience with healthcare/pharma a plus
Job: Sales/Sales Services
Organization: Nestle Nutrition
Title: Sr. Manager, Customer Development - Snacks, Meals & Beverages
Requisition ID: 18009139
The Nestlé Companies are equal opportunity and affirmative action employers and are looking for diversity in qualified candidates for employment: Minority/Female/Disabled/Protected Veteran.