Amazon Arlington HQ Software Development Manager-- Alexa Experience in Arlington, Virginia
This role will sit in our new headquarters in Northern Virginia, where Amazon will invest $2.5 billion dollars, occupy 4 million square feet of energy efficient office space, and create at least 25,000 new full-time jobs. Our employees and the neighboring community will also benefit from the associated investments from the Commonwealth including infrastructure updates, public transportation improvements, and new access to Reagan National Airport.
By working together on behalf of our customers, we are building the future one innovative product, service, and idea at a time. Are you ready to embrace the challenge? Come build the future with us.
Alexa is seeking an experienced Software Development Manager to deliver new and exciting customer features with a greenfield technology. In this role you will have the opportunity to think big, build a team of engineers, and work with a product manager to create a roadmap from scratch.
The ideal candidate is passionate about Alexa and improving the lives of customers through great technology. You have a track record of successfully delivering new and technically challenging products. You are entrepreneurial, comfortable operating with ambiguity and willing to develop quick proof of concepts. You have an ability to simplify and get things done, analyze feedback and focus on the most impactful and successful ideas. You are excited about building a new team of talented engineers and defining the culture and best practices of the team. You are hands on and love working closely with engineers to architect scalable technical designs, and develop intuitive customer experiences. You are a coach, a mentor and a leader who creates positive climate in the workspace.
· Lead a team of software engineers in the design, development, testing, deployment, and operation of full-stack, consumer features
· Work with a Product manager to define the features and roadmap
· Hire and develop highly-motivated engineers, building leaders in your division
· Own the architecture, quality, performance, and operational excellence for your team
· Work with other engineering teams to deliver solutions that scale
This is for a new Alexa product space that we will build, which will be used by millions of customers.
· Bachelor's degree in computer science or equivalent professional or military experience
· 4+ years of experience building and managing development teams
· Demonstrated experience delivering software projects using Agile / Scrum methodologies
· Experience building scalable infrastructure software or distributed system
· Experience defining system architectures and exploring technical feasibility tradeoffs.
· 3+ years of experience designing and developing full-stack consumer applications
· Demonstrated effective verbal and written communication skills
· Experience communicating with other technical teams, and senior management to collect requirements, and produce technical designs
· Experience mentoring junior software engineers to improve their skills and influencing best practices within your team
· Experience working with modern cloud tools / services such as AWS, Azure, Google Cloud, etc
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age.