Amazon Arlington HQ Software Development Manager-- Alexa Experience in Arlington, Virginia
This role will sit in our new headquarters in Northern Virginia, where Amazon will invest $2.5 billion dollars, occupy 4 million square feet of energy efficient office space, and create at least 25,000 new full-time jobs. Our employees and the neighboring community will also benefit from the associated investments from the Commonwealth including infrastructure updates, public transportation improvements, and new access to Reagan National Airport.
By working together on behalf of our customers, we are building the future one innovative product, service, and idea at a time. Are you ready to embrace the challenge? Come build the future with us.
Alexa is seeking an experienced Software Development Manager to lead the engineering effort of our Alexa Mobile team in Virginia.
As a Software Development Manager, you will be responsible for building and leading a team of talented engineers in design, development, test, and deployment of cloud-connected mobile apps to a huge user base. You have a track record of building interactive applications and scalable cloud services. You have an ability to simplify and get things done, insist on high standards to ensure the services you own are stable. You are excited about building a new team of talented engineers and defining the culture and best practices of the team. You are hands on and love working closely with engineers to architect technical designs, and develop intuitive customer experiences. You have kept your coding skills sharp, and possess exceptional project management and communication skills. You are a coach, a mentor and a leader who creates positive climate in the workspace.
· Lead a team of software engineers in the design, development, testing, deployment, and operation of mobile features
· Manage the day-to-day activities of the engineering team within an Agile/Scrum environment.
· Hire and develop highly-motivated engineers
· Own the architecture, quality, performance, and operational excellence for your team
· Contribute substantively to innovation on mobile and overcome technology limitations to deliver on customer experience
· Work with other engineering teams to deliver solutions that scale
· 3+ years of experience building and managing development teams
· Demonstrated success delivering software projects using Agile / Scrum methodologies
· Experience building interactive applications
· Experience defining system architectures and exploring technical feasibility tradeoffs.
· Bachelor's degree in computer science or relevant industry experience
· 3+ years of experience designing and developing mobile applications
· Demonstrated effective verbal and written communication skills
· Experience communicating with other technical teams, and senior management to collect requirements, and produce technical designs
· Experience mentoring junior software engineers to improve their skills and influencing best practices within your team
· Experience with full-native, hybrid, and pure-web mobile app development
· Entrepreneurial spirit combined with strong program and product management skills
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age.