Amazon Arlington HQ Software Development Engineer in Arlington, Virginia
Do you like helping U.S. Intelligence Community agencies implement innovative cloud computing solutions and solve technical problems? Would you like to do this using the latest cloud computing technologies? Do you have a knack for helping these groups understand application architectures and integration approaches, and the consultative and leadership skills to launch a project on a trajectory to success?
Amazon Web Services (AWS) is the world leader in providing a highly reliable, scalable, low-cost infrastructure platform in the cloud that powers hundreds of thousands of businesses in 190 countries around the world!
Passionate about building, owning and operating massively scalable systems? Want to make a billion-dollar impact? If so, we have an exciting opportunity for you.
The Team: We're an agile, independent team working to build a brand new AWS product. We need developers who are capable of breaking down and solving complex problems. This team will have the opportunity to work on highly visible projects that directly impact hundreds of other teams at Amazon.
Developers at Amazon work on real world problems on a global scale, own their systems end-to-end, and influence the direction of our technology that impacts hundreds of millions customers around the world. Join a team of super smart, customer obsessed developers that think big and have fun.
This position requires that the candidate selected be a U.S. citizen and obtain and maintain an active TS/SCI security clearance with polygraph.
For more information on Amazon Web Services please visit: http://aws.amazon.com/
If you’re interested in learning more about this role and others that are similar, please join AWS recruiters at our next virtual open house: https://app.brazenconnect.com/a/AWS/s/4LoBX/next?utmmedium=Career+Sites&utmsource=External+Postings
This role will sit in our new headquarters in Northern Virginia, where Amazon will invest $2.5 billion dollars, occupy 4 million square feet of energy efficient office space, and create at least 25,000 new full-time jobs. Our employees and the neighboring community will also benefit from the associated investments from the Commonwealth including infrastructure updates, public transportation improvements, and new access to Reagan National Airport.
By working together on behalf of our customers, we are building the future one innovative product, service, and idea at a time. Are you ready to embrace the challenge? Come build the future with us.
· 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
· Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
· 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
· Experience building new products and services from the ground up.
· Intermediate knowledge of computer networking concepts and business approaches, and lead engineering efforts to meet timelines to scope, schedule, and deploy new features
· Strong communications skills; you will be required to proactively engage fellow Amazonians both inside and outside of your team
· Experience with distributed (multi-tiered) systems, algorithms, and relational databases
· Ability to effectively articulate technical challenges and solutions
· Deal well with ambiguous/undefined problems; ability to think abstractly
· Ability to synthesize requirements underlying feature requests, recommend alternative technical and business approaches, and facilitate engineering efforts to meet aggressive timelines
· Maturity, judgment, negotiation/influence skills, analytical skills, and leadership skills
· Expertise in software processes, web services, multi-tiered systems, workflow modeling, systems testing, and enterprise application integration
· Domain expertise in one or more of the following: security, Cross Domain Solution (CDS), software testing, user interface design
· Meets/exceeds Amazon’s leadership principles requirements for this role
· Meets/exceeds Amazon’s functional/technical depth and complexity for this role
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity – Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation/ Age.