Amazon Arlington HQ Software Development Engineer in Arlington, Virginia
This role will sit in our new headquarters in Northern Virginia, where Amazon will invest $2.5 billion dollars, occupy 4 million square feet of energy efficient office space, and create at least 25,000 new full-time jobs. Our employees and the neighboring community will also benefit from the associated investments from the Commonwealth including infrastructure updates, public transportation improvements, and new access to Reagan National Airport.
· 3+ years of professional software development experience
· Experience building scalable infrastructure software or distributed system
· Experience defining system architectures and exploring technical feasibility tradeoffs.
· Bachelor's degree in computer science, computer engineering, or related technical
· Demonstrated success delivering software projects using Agile / Scrum methodologies
· Experience communicating with other technical teams, and management to collect requirements, and produce technical designs
· Demonstrated leadership abilities in an engineering environment in driving operational excellence and best practices
· Experience working with modern cloud tools / services such as AWS
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation