Amazon Arlington HQ Software Development Engineer in Arlington, Virginia
This role will sit in our new headquarters in Northern Virginia, where Amazon will invest $2.5 billion dollars, occupy 4 million square feet of energy efficient office space, and create at least 25,000 new full-time jobs. Our employees and the neighboring community will also benefit from the associated investments from the Commonwealth including infrastructure updates, public transportation improvements, and new access to Reagan National Airport.
By working together on behalf of our customers, we are building the future one innovative product, service, and idea at a time. Are you ready to embrace the challenge? Come build the future with us.
Alexa is seeking a Software Development Engineer to deliver new and exciting customer features with a greenfield technology. In this role you will have the opportunity to think big, work with a team of talented engineers, and build new features and services from scratch.
The ideal candidate is passionate about Alexa and improving the lives of customers through great technology. You have a track record of successfully delivering new and technically challenging products. You are entrepreneurial, comfortable operating with ambiguity and willing to develop quick proof of concepts. You are excited about creating reliable, scalable, and high-performance products with your sound understanding of the fundamentals of Computer Science, and practical experience building distributed systems. You have experience collaborating with other talented engineers to bring great ideas to life.
This is for a new Alexa product space that we will build, which will be used by millions of customers.
This position is located in Arlington, Virginia (HQ2).
You will be joining a select group of a people making history producing one of the most highly rated products in Amazon's history.
· 3+ years of professional software development experience
· Experience building scalable infrastructure software or distributed system
· Experience defining system architectures and exploring technical feasibility tradeoffs.
· Bachelor's degree in computer science, computer engineering, or related technical field
· Masters or PhD in computer science, computer engineering, or related technical field
· 4+ years of experience designing and developing full-stack consumer applications
· Demonstrated success delivering software projects using Agile / Scrum methodologies
· Development experience defining, developing and maintaining REST based interfaces
· Experience communicating with other technical teams, and management to collect requirements, and produce technical designs
· Demonstrated leadership abilities in an engineering environment in driving operational excellence and best practices
· Experience working with modern cloud tools / services such as AWS
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer - Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran