Amazon Arlington HQ Software Development Engineer- Choose Your Team in Arlington, Virginia
You’re a software engineer. Your time is limited and in demand. Rather than poring over hundreds of job descriptions, you’d rather just get to the part where you solve highly-complex problems, build environments to handle massive scale, develop thoughtful and elegant code, and partner with super smart teammates to deliver game-changing products and services.
We get it, which is why we created Path Finder—a simplified white glove process that focuses on getting to know you and matching you with a team based on what’s important to, that’s right, you. It’s simple, pass the interview process and a member of the Path Finder team will curate a list of opportunities that align with your interests, whether they be based on team size, location, technology, product, scope, or even time spent in meetings. Our job is to find you your next job, and we’ll do this through a series of thoughtful conversations with potential team members and managers so you can make an informed choice. You ask the questions. You learn about the projects. You choose the path.
Path Finder: Your passion. Your path.
This role will sit in our new headquarters in Northern Virginia, where Amazon will invest $2.5 billion dollars, occupy 4 million square feet of energy efficient office space, and create at least 25,000 new full-time jobs. Our employees and the neighboring community will also benefit from the associated investments from the Commonwealth including infrastructure updates, public transportation improvements, and new access to Reagan National Airport.
· 3+ years of professional software development experience
· Experience building scalable infrastructure software or distributed system
· Experience defining system architectures and exploring technical feasibility tradeoffs.
· Bachelor's degree in computer science, computer engineering, or related technical
· Demonstrated success delivering software projects using Agile / Scrum methodologies
· Experience communicating with other technical teams, and management to collect requirements, and produce technical designs
· Demonstrated leadership abilities in an engineering environment in driving operational excellence and best practices
· Experience working with modern cloud tools / services such as AWS
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation