Amazon Arlington HQ Software Development Engineer / AWS in Arlington, Virginia
Have questions about this role? Start a chat with the recruiter today!
Amazon Web Services (AWS) is the world leader in providing a highly reliable, scalable, low-cost infrastructure platform in the cloud that powers hundreds of thousands of businesses in 190 countries around the world!
The Team: We're a small, independent team inside AWS working on green-field services to improve operational tooling and automation across the most popular AWS services.
We need Developers who move fast, are capable of breaking down and solving complex problems, and have a strong will to get things done. Developers at Amazon work on real world problems on a global scale, own their systems end to end and influence the direction of our technology that impacts hundreds of millions customers around the world.
Join a team of super smart, customer obsessed Developers that like to have fun in a start-up like environment.
· Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
· Bachelors degree or higher in Computer Science, Engineering or related field
· 1+ years professional experience in commercial or web-scale system software development and delivery
· Experience working in start-up mode building new products and services from the ground up.
· Experience with Java, Ruby and/or Python
· Intermediate knowledge of computer networking concepts and business approaches, and lead engineering efforts to meet aggressive timelines to scope, schedule, and deploy new features
· Strong communications skills; you will be required to proactively engage fellow Amazonians both inside and outside of your team
· Experience with distributed (multi-tiered) systems, algorithms, and relational databases
· Ability to effectively articulate technical challenges and solutions
· Deal well with ambiguous/undefined problems; ability to think abstractly
· Ability to synthesize requirements underlying feature requests, recommend alternative technical and business approaches, and facilitate engineering efforts to meet aggressive timelines
· Maturity, judgment, negotiation/influence skills, analytical skills, and leadership skills
· Expertise in software processes, web services, multi-tiered systems, workflow modeling, systems testing, and enterprise application integration
· Domain expertise in one or more of the following: security, mobile applications, big data analysis, software testing, user interface design
· Meets/exceeds Amazon’s leadership principles requirements for this role
· Meets/exceeds Amazon’s functional/technical depth and complexity for this role
*Please email AWS Sourcing Recruiter, Scott Korkowski (email@example.com) if you have questions.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity – Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age.
For more information on Amazon Web Services, please visit http://aws.amazon.com.
This role will sit in our new headquarters in Northern Virginia, where Amazon will invest $2.5 billion dollars, occupy 4 million square feet of energy efficient office space, and create at least 25,000 new full-time jobs. Our employees and the neighboring community will also benefit from the associated investments from the Commonwealth including infrastructure updates, public transportation improvements, and new access to Reagan National Airport.
By working together on behalf of our customers, we are building the future one innovative product, service, and idea at a time. Are you ready to embrace the challenge? Come build the future with us.