Amazon Arlington HQ Software Development Engineer - AWS Systems Manager in Arlington, Virginia
Amazon Web Services (AWS) is the world leader in providing a highly reliable, scalable and low-cost infrastructure platform in the cloud.
The AWS Systems Manager team works on a wide range of areas to allow customers to easily manage large fleets of instances and run their mission-critical infrastructure on AWS. We are a fast-growing service and this role will allow you to work across the Systems Manager team and with other AWS service teams to help deliver new feature areas for Systems Manager to enable us to serve new customers and address new and challenging customer use cases. We are expanding beyond what you may think of as the traditional systems management environments and scenarios to support customers operating in a variety of environments with needs beyond those of a traditional Enterprise customer.
We are looking for a Software Development Engineer who is passionate about working in cutting edge technologies, bring deep technical knowledge, experience with distributed systems to drive technical design and implement end-to-end solutions. The ideal candidate for this position is an experienced software engineer excited to work on cloud scale software and a proven track record of architecting and building software in Java/Linux, and/or C#/Windows.
This role will sit in our new headquarters in Northern Virginia, where Amazon will invest $2.5 billion dollars, occupy 4 million square feet of energy efficient office space, and create at least 25,000 new full-time jobs. Our employees and the neighboring community will also benefit from the associated investments from the Commonwealth including infrastructure updates, public transportation improvements, and new access to Reagan National Airport.
By working together on behalf of our customers, we are building the future one innovative product, service, and idea at a time. Are you ready to embrace the challenge? Come build the future with us
· Bachelor’s degree or higher in Computer Science, Engineering or related field
· 5 years of non-internship professional software
· Deep understanding of computing systems, software architecture, data structures and algorithms
· Proven track record delivering high quality software on time
· Possess strong analytical skills, with excellent problem solving abilities in the face of ambiguity
· Programming experience with at least one modern
language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design.
· Master’s degree or higher in Computer Science, Engineering or related field
· 7+ years professional software engineering experience
· Proven track record of building and shipping enterprise software products
· Experience building and operating scalable infrastructure software or distributed systems
· Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.