Amazon Arlington HQ Software Development Engineer, Amazon S3 in Arlington, Virginia
Amazon Web Services is looking for a Senior Software Development Engineer to lead new S3 efforts in Arlington, VA.
Amazon Simple Storage Service (S3) delivers storage for the Internet. It provides a simple web services interface that customers use to store and retrieve any amount of data, at any time, from anywhere on the web. It gives them access to the same highly scalable, reliable, secure, fast, inexpensive infrastructure that Amazon itself uses to run its own global network of web sites. We maximize benefits of our scale and pass them on to our customers. By doing this, we’re creating a fundamental shift in how businesses think about managing their storage needs.
As an engineer in the S3 Request Countermeasures team, you will drive key development projects for the S3 webservice software stack that handles millions of requests for customers running applications all over the world. You will work with peer engineers on the team to deliver software that customizes behavior of the S3 API in real time to manage high-scale workloads. You will innovate in areas of machine learning and near-realtime analytics to enable automated QoS controls to shape customer workloads and enable a consistent customer experience. You will code systems and services that allow rapid development to meet the fast-paced nature and interesting challenges that are at the heart of S3’s culture.
This role will sit in our new headquarters in Northern Virginia, where Amazon will invest $2.5 billion dollars, occupy 4 million square feet of energy efficient office space, and create at least 25,000 new full-time jobs. Our employees and the neighboring community will also benefit from the associated investments from the Commonwealth including infrastructure updates, public transportation improvements, and new access to Reagan National Airport.
This is a rare opportunity to make a significant impact on one of the largest cloud services in the world. Join us today!
· 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
· Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
· 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
· Able to debug, troubleshoot and resolve complex technical issues reported by customers
· 5+ years of professional software development experience
· Experience with security threat modeling and analysis
· Deep understanding of scalable computing systems, software architecture, data structures and algorithms
· Experience with machine learning for high-scale data analytics
· Experience with modern handler patterns for webservice containers
· Proven track record of designing, building and delivering high quality software on time
· Possess strong verbal and written communication skills
· Experience in Agile/SCRUM enterprise-scale software development
· Strong desire to build, sense of ownership, urgency, and drive.
· Possess strong analytical skills, with excellent problem solving abilities in the face of ambiguity
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation