Amazon Arlington HQ Senior Software Development Engineer - EC2 Core Platform in Arlington, Virginia
Amazon Web Services (AWS) EC2 Core Platform is looking for experienced engineers to join our development team in HQ2!
We build software core to the EC2 network virtualization systems supporting the massive AWS cloud. We program mostly in Java and use scripting (Ruby/Python/etc.) whenever possible to automate. Each individual on our team is expected to be a leader; be pro-active on acting on behalf of our customers to exceed expectations on quality, speed of delivery, and communication. We challenge each other to put forth deliberate efforts to grow and improve our skills.
To learn more about EC2, check us out here: https://aws.amazon.com/ec2/.
Here are some reasons you should come have a chat and learn more:
· Our services are core to all modern Internet businesses.
· We own the complete software development lifecycle; defining, prioritizing, designing, building, and testing new features.
· Our AWS business is global; customers and technology is distributed world-wide.
· We will learn together; both growing in our technical prowess and business acumen.
· We listen to each other; this is a collaborative environment where everyone has a voice and we choose what’s best for the customer.
· Our scale creates unique challenges and opportunities ripe for innovation.
· We operate as a start-up with a strong support structure. We ship code every day.
· We offer competitive salary, relocation and benefit packages.
This role will sit in our new headquarters in Northern Virginia, where Amazon will invest $2.5 billion dollars, occupy 4 million square feet of energy efficient office space, and create at least 25,000 new full-time jobs. Our employees and the neighboring community will also benefit from the associated investments from the Commonwealth including infrastructure updates, public transportation improvements, and new access to Reagan National Airport.
By working together on behalf of our customers, we are building the future one innovative product, service, and idea at a time. Are you ready to embrace the challenge? Come build the future with us.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age
· 4+ years of professional software development experience
· 3+ years of programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
· 2+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems
· Strong, object-oriented design and coding skills (C/C++ and/or Java preferably on a UNIX or Linux platform)
· Experience with distributed (multi-tiered) systems, algorithms, and NoSQL databases
· Ability to effectively articulate technical challenges and solutions
· Deal well with ambiguous/undefined problems; ability to think abstractly
· Strong sense of ownership, urgency, and drive to launch new services
· Graduate degree a plus
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age.