Netizen Corporation Senior Information Systems Security Engineer in Arlington, Virginia
Senior Information Systems Security Engineer
$105,000 to $130,000 depending on experience
Information Systems Security Engineer - ACTIVE DOD CLEARANCE REQUIRED, CISSP-ISSEP CERTIFICATION HIGHLY PREFERRED
Netizen Corporation is seeking an Information Systems Security Engineer (ISSE) in the Orlando, FL area (relocation assistance will be provided for highly qualified candidates outside of this area). This person will apply technical and functional expertise to perform on-site risk assessments and security engineering/advisory for DoD networks, information systems, and applications, using standards such as DoD Directive 8510.01, DoD Instruction 8500.01, and NIST Publications. The ISSE (Engineer) will work as a member of a Team providing technical support to protect the DoD’s networks and information systems.
· Serve as an Assessment and Authorization (A&A) and Security Engineering (SE) Subject Matter Expert (SME) with proficiency in DoDI 8510.01, Risk Management Framework (RMF) for DoD IT, and affiliated NIST security controls.
· Function as an Information Systems Security Engineer (ISSE) advising DoD clients on security protocols and compliance measures for a variety of systems.
· Assist with RMF assessments, including coordination, preparation, execution, and concluding documentation.
· Utilize DoD Information Assurance (IA) scanning tools and techniques (i.e., ACAS, SCAP, STIG Checker, etc.) and work with system owners/developers to "build in" security to their systems and applications.
· Demonstrate knowledge of network devices and interconnections (i.e., routers, switches, IDS/IPS, firewalls, DNS) and how they can be best engineered and configured to minimize system risks and vulnerabilities.
· Demonstrate technical experience in identifying and mitigating and risks and vulnerabilities in complex defense systems and enclaves.
· Expertly communicate complex technical and programmatic information to a wide audience, often in the form of verbal and visual updates, technical reports, and/or briefings. Documentation, presentation, and public speaking skills are required.
· Apply expert understanding of cyber security concepts, practices, and tools to administer classified and unclassified DoD networks and information systems.
· Maintain on-going awareness of emerging cybersecurity threats and trends.
· Develop and maintain the necessary technical documentation and standard operating procedures (SOPs).
At least 10 years of general or specialized IT experience.
At least 5 years of experience in conducting DIACAP and/or NIST assessments and security engineering/consultation.
Functional knowledge of DoDI 8510.01, CNSSI 1253, NIST 800-53 rev4, and associated controls.
Expertise and knowledge of system engineering, network/system administration, and project management principles are required. An educational background in an engineering field (mechanical, computer, systems, etc.) is HIGHLY preferred.
Familiarity with Electronic Mission Assurance Support Service (eMASS) is required.
- Minimum of an Undergraduate Degree in an Engineering field is highly preferred
Security+ and Certified Ethical Hacker (CEH) preferred
CISSP-ISSEP certification required (can be obtained after 6 months if in possession of a CASP certification and requisite engineering background)
- Up to fifteen percent (15%) but estimated to average ten percent (10%) to U.S. military locations around the country.
U.S. Citizenship is required.
Must possess an ACTIVE DoD Secret or Top Secret clearance. Clearances will be validated prior to making an offer of employment.
Netizen Corporation is an EEO employer - M/F/Vets/Disabled
View all jobs at this company