Nestle Sales Finance Manager, FP&A in Arlington, Virginia
Responsible for executing our Trade Financial Planning and Analysis Processes. Partner with and provide counsel to Commercial Co-Pilots, CD Team Customer Finance and Sales Co-Pilot on Trade Forecasting and Month End Close, YTD/YTG Trade Implications and Risks and Opportunities. Manager of Processes including: Trade Funds Control, Broker Commissions, Sales Overheads, NCE, NQMS and Field Audits. Interface to Broker/NROC Team and LGO.
• Annual Trade Planning - Model/Track “Underlying Trade Rates” and Bridges during target setting process; Model out Monthly and by Category Financial Plans based on Customer Finance and Field Input of ISW Promotional Events
• Manage DYF Process- Conduct Head-office Trade Review Calls with each Category Team; Understand Spend Trends, Phasing, Outlook, Corrective Actions, Develop a “call”, etc.
• Develop DYF Forecast- Manage Trade Forecast Models (by Category) to develop a full DF by category (Infant and NHSc); Develop insightful FC commentary based on interaction/input from CFMs
• Assess Ability to Deliver Approved Rate of Spend- Manage Trade Overview, Advise on Annual Lean (fall out trends), potential risk or fav based on trends; Work with Sales Controller to develop potential action plans to land trade
• Manage Trade Funds and Non-Working Trade- Control ISW Parent Funds, Reconcile Approved Trade to ISW Trade Funds, Manage Fixed funds (NIMA, Markdown and In house), Post Audit and Carryover management
• Manage "Other Trade" Processes Funds - Unauthorized Trade/Purge Analysis and Forecast Risks/Opps; Manage In House Trade Budget with Head Office Shopper Marketing Team (Shopper Marketing/ASM/Digital & E-Commerce Spend)
• Manage Sales Finance & Control Department Processes (NCE, NQMS, Audit Compliance) and provide training on such. Ensure ISW Process and Tactics (and Event Setup) and aligned with NAS
• Preparation, analysis and communication of TTS reporting - Trade Spend by Customer (tie in DF model to trade rate by customer); YTD/YTG; Purge Trade Trending and Charge out to Customer Trade; Interface with Supply Chain on SC Controllable Deductions Trends (on behalf of Field team)
• Monthly Trade Landing- Analyze month end results to understand anomalies vs. forecast; Identify and Trouble Shoot TTS variances (Forecasting Issues, ISW User Planning issues or ISW System Issues); Interact with LGO for Financial Purposes and any Interactions on Behalf of CFMs; Submit Journal Entries to Controllers Group to ensure Accurate Month End Close; Balance Sheet Reserve Assessment based on trends on Post Audit, Purge and Fallout Trends (must have strong working knowledge of each)
• Monitor evolution of sales MOGE's and advise Sales Controller on annual resource planning and variance tracking
• Manage the completion of CBM Trade Audits process (together with BPR)
• Lead and Develop SFA
A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree is required, preferably with a major in Accounting, Economics or Finance. Master’s/MBA degree and/or a CPA, CMA or other financial certifications are preferred.
• A minimum of 7 years of experience in Finance/Accounting is required
• CPG/Retail experience (or significant Sales Finance experience in a manufacturing environment) is preferred
• Advanced Microsoft Excel skills required (i.e. Pivot Tables, Formulas, VLOOKUP functions)
• Experience with SAP is preferred
• Advanced financial modeling skills and business analysis skills, with the ability to see implications and provide consultative solutions and recommendations
• Ability to communicate clearly and concisely, both oral and in writing with the ability to present information to senior leaders
• The position will be based in Arlington, VA
• The position will require up to 10 – 15% domestic travel
Job: Finance / Accounting / Audit
Organization: Nestle Nutrition
Title: Sales Finance Manager, FP&A
Requisition ID: 18008654
The Nestlé Companies are equal opportunity and affirmative action employers and are looking for diversity in qualified candidates for employment: Minority/Female/Disabled/Protected Veteran.