Nestle Financial Analyst - International Business in Arlington, Virginia
Foods people love. Brands people trust. And a career that nourishes your future like no other.
At Nestlé , we provide high-quality products that are essential to living well. As individuals and teams, we embrace leadership, make important contributions, and support each other's professional development. Join the world's leading nutrition, health and wellness company, and deliver the satisfying foods that help people around the world through every phase of life.
This role is financial analyst co-pilot, reporting to International Finance Manager, and will be responsible for supporting the International business within Baking and Global Brands Division.
International business focus on third party export of the entire Nestle USA portfolio to more than 50 countries. It is one of the fastest growing and most profitable business units within NUSA. We are currently on a stage of building scalability throughout the entire value chain and gear up the respective capabilities and processes for future growth. Consequently, this role requires a flexible mindset to accommodate a fast changing and highly uncertain business environment.
The Finance co-pilot analyst role is responsible to work and support the brands as a strategic business partner to the International commercial team including brand marketing teams, CSD team, and other key business functions and be responsible for lead for short term and long term planning processes.
The individual must be able to effectively interact, collaborate and communicate across multiple functions in the organization, cooperating and building consensus to drive results for International.
This co–pilot analyst will play a co-leadership role by providing the commercial team with accurate and timely financial information and analysis, making and implementing sound recommendations to profitably grow the business, as well as improving operating costs for the brand.
Position responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Manage/Facilitate/Participate in Key processes for International. (MBP, MBS, ICP, OP, SKU Rationalization)
• Financial Analysis & Decision Support: Co-Lead multi-functional teams by working closely with cross division marketing, supply chain, sales and operational teams to improve business performance across all P&L line items. Co-Lead and champion actions and projects that improve operating costs or grow sustainable business profitably.
• Responsible to create and analyze new opportunities P&L and make recommendations for Marketing and Sales team.
• Perform ad hoc analysis and work on special projects as requested by management.
• Support the initiatives of NUSA through active participation in cross-organizational (and/or cross-functional) teams.
• BA/BS with major in Accounting or Finance
• Minimum of 3-4 years’ experience in Accounting/Finance
• Proficiency in use of Microsoft applications (Excel, Word, PowerPoint) and working knowledge of Essbase, SAP and B/W
• Willingness to relocate for career advancement
• CPA, CMA, CFM, CCE, MBA
• Food industry experience
STRONGLY PREFERRED TECHNICAL SKILLS:
• Hands-on knowledge of US Generally Accepted Accounting Standards (US GAAP) or International Accounting Standards (IAS) assumptions, principles and constraints (i.e. economic equity, going concern, monetary unit, periodic reporting, historical cost, revenue recognition matching, full disclosure, cost-benefit relationship, materiality, and conservatism)
• Hands-on knowledge of financial statements, including P&L, balance sheet, and cash flow
• Demonstrated ability to design financial & non-financial measurements and key performance indicators (KPI’s) to drive improved business performance
• Ideal candidate is results focused, a self-starter with strong initiative, naturally inquisitive, able to think independently and has a desire to make a difference
• Working knowledge of budget preparation and forecasting for cost centers / balance sheet accounts
• Working knowledge of financial concepts & principles including cash flow, NPV, IRR, ROI, Economic Profit, etc.
• Ability to understand and communicate the drivers of product profit & loss
• Complex financial modeling skills
• Knowledge of the principles of cost accounting and activity-based costing
• Nestlé Accounting Standards (NAS) - for internal candidates
• Computer skills: MS Windows including intermediate Excel, Word, and PowerPoint; basic Access, and working knowledge of Hyperion Essbase, SAP, B/W
PREFERRED TECHNICAL SKILLS:
• Investment justification skills, Project management skills
PREFERRED PROFESSIONAL SKILLS:
Demonstrated ability to:
• Effectively manage competing priorities by choosing those deliverables that will have the highest impact on the performance results
• Manage/organize time, information, and resources effectively in order to meet deadlines and respond to requests on a timely basis; multi-task
• Network across functional and divisional silos
• Influence business decisions with concrete financial support
• Resolve conflicts / discrepancies positively and professionally
• Work independently in solving business issues and taking initiative
• Partner with the customer / other functional teams to drive business results and meet deliverables
• Recommend possible strategic courses of action to capitalize on business opportunities
• Identify risks and opportunities
• Manage projects
• Leverage best practices
• Communicate effectively and professionally in written and verbal form, including presentation skills
• Apply good judgment and professional integrity in decision-making
Job: Finance / Accounting / Audit
Organization: Nestle USA
Title: Financial Analyst - International Business
Requisition ID: 18009143
The Nestlé Companies are equal opportunity and affirmative action employers and are looking for diversity in qualified candidates for employment: Minority/Female/Disabled/Protected Veteran.