Nestle Affiliate Finance Manager in Arlington, Virginia
This position is the co-pilot for the Intermarket-Supply Finance Affiliate business unit of the Baking Global Brands Division. The Affiliate business is responsible for over $221MM in sales at Transfer Price (equivalent Domestic sales of $442MM) to over 40 affiliate markets worldwide. The Affiliate business model focuses to drive strategic commercial growth within their market while leveraging NUSA assets. As a result, this Co-pilot role will have opportunity to proactively create relevant, actionable analyses as well as lead and influence internal and Affiliate business partners by championing, challenging and improving business performance and processes.
The position will have the oversight to establish and communicate Transfer Prices to Affiliate markets as well as being the primary liaison between the Affiliate markets, BGB Business Development Export Managers and NUSA factories/divisions. Responsibilities include managing all aspects of the Affiliate P&L’s for both NUSA and Nestlé Nutrition, to include monthly financial analysis of Actuals and annual projections via the Dynamic Forecast process. Key areas of responsibility include the development and maintenance of business processes, financial analysis and forecasting, strategic decision-making to improve overall business performance, performance management reporting and special projects supporting both Affiliate customers and internal management. Additionally, the individual must be an effective communicator as there is a high level of exposure and engagement with senior management within NUSA and across Affiliate markets, Zones and global SBU’s.
As the US is one of the largest exporting markets within Nestlé, this position has the opportunity to create and implement best practices, processes and analysis implemented by other markets both in Zone AMS and globally. Therefore, while adhering to Transfer Price and Tax guidelines is necessary, this candidate must also be a change-agent and consistently strive for process improvement opportunities.
The role provides opportunity to show leadership, direct others, develop people, manage projects and think strategically while dealing with business complexity.
Position responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Quarterly Transfer Price Establishment and Communication: Nestlé’s corporate Transfer Pricing Policy requires strict adherence to quarterly Transfer prices evaluation and revision. Quarterly updates is calculated by the CCC, based on analysis of current and forecasted commodity trends requiring close communication and coordination with the Procurement team. Inter-market Supply Finance Co-pilot validates updated prices and communicates to Affiliates major trends and revision.
• Process Improvement Initiatives: NUSA, as one of the larger exporting markets within the Group, has opportunities to create “best in class” processes and analysis for creating efficiencies and adding visibility with decision support to affiliate markets. This will ultimately improve the service that NUSA receives from our importing markets.
• Affiliate Project Support: This role is responsible for the ongoing partnership and financial communication between affiliate markets, BGB Export Managers and the producing divisions. This individual is responsible for playing the finance lead in establishing transfer prices for new Affiliate products through the NPDI process, and participating in cost-optimization projects across Affiliates and NUSA, to include addressing and analyzing affiliate questions in a timely manner and making fact-based recommendations based on insight and findings.
• Financial Planning and Analysis: Lead and manage the preparation, accuracy and analysis of the monthly Dynamic Forecasts. Prepare and analyze monthly financial statements for NUSA and Nestlé Nutrition affiliate businesses, including explanation of year-to-date variances and yet-to-go trends. Analysis of Nutrition P&L’s presented to senior Nutrition finance personnel on a monthly basis.
Works independently with minimal supervision
This position has two direct report (Co-pilot analyst) and will provide direction and supervision to team members as needed in the absence of Management.
Position will lead all financial analysis and strategic decision-making for a dynamic business and will be involved in many high level projects affecting Affiliates and NUSA. Position is also responsible for accurate financial closes and dynamic forecasts, and reporting to assist in overall management decisions.
• BA/BS with major in Accounting or Finance, or BA/BS degree with coursework up to and including intermediate accounting
• Minimum of 5-7 years experience in Accounting/Finance
• Experience in managing all aspects of the financial function (including involvement in strategic decisions) for a business unit, including P&L management
• Willingness to relocate for career advancement
• CPA, CMA, CFM, CCE, MBA
• Food industry experience
STRONGLY PREFERRED TECHNICAL SKILLS:
• Decision support skills
• Hands-on knowledge of US Generally Accepted Accounting Standards (US GAAP) or International Accounting Standards (IAS) assumptions, principles and constraints (i.e. economic equity, going concern, monetary unit, periodic reporting, historical cost, revenue recognition matching, full disclosure, cost-benefit relationship, materiality, and conservatism)
• Demonstrated ability to design financial & non-financial measurements and key performance indicators (KPI’s) to drive improved business performance
• Working knowledge of budget preparation and forecasting for profit and loss accounts / balance sheet accounts
• Working knowledge of financial concepts & principles including cash flow, NPV, IRR, ROI, Economic Profit, etc.
• Ability to understand and communicate the drivers of product profit & loss
• Financial analysis skills
• Basic knowledge of the principles of cost accounting and activity-based costing
• Nestlé Accounting Standards (NAS) - for internal candidates
• Computer skills: MS Windows including advanced Excel, Word, and PowerPoint; basic Access, and working knowledge of SAP
PREFERRED TECHNICAL SKILLS:
• Investment justification skills, Project management skills
PREFERRED PROFESSIONAL SKILLS:
Demonstrated ability to:
• Influence business decisions with concrete financial support
• Recommend possible strategic courses of action to capitalize on business opportunities
• Effectively manage competing priorities by choosing those deliverables that will have the highest impact on the performance results
• Manage/organize time, information, and resources effectively in order to meet deadlines and respond to requests on a timely basis; multi-task
• Train, coach, motivate and reinforce performance to achieve business goals.
• Network across functional and divisional silos
• Build, focus and motivate effective teams
• Resolve conflicts / discrepancies positively and professionally
• Work independently in solving business issues and taking initiative
• Partner with the customer / other functional teams to drive business results and meet deliverables
• Identify risks and opportunities
• Manage projects
• Leverage best practices
• Communicate effectively and professionally in written and verbal form, including presentation skills
• Apply good judgment and professional integrity in decision-making
Job: Finance / Accounting / Audit
Organization: Nestle USA
Title: Affiliate Finance Manager
Requisition ID: 19001817
The Nestlé Companies are equal opportunity and affirmative action employers and are looking for diversity in qualified candidates for employment: Minority/Female/Disabled/Protected Veteran.
- Nestle Jobs