Belcan Maintenance Technician in Apex, North Carolina
Job Number: 288178
Description: A Maintenance Technician job in Apex, North Carolina is currently available through Belcan. To be considered for this role you should be proficient with electrical systems up to 480 VAC and be knowledgeable of the construction, installation, maintenance and repair of secondary electrical systems, equipment and fixtures. In this role as a Facilities Maintenance Technician you will maintain, repair, and install HVAC systems in addition to minor plumbing/piping installations.
Maintenance Technician Job Duties and Responsibilities:
• Troubleshoot and diagnose electrical systems issues as they pertain to factory operations and individual pieces of equipment; troubleshoot and repair various types of mechanical, hydraulic, and pneumatic equipment in a timely manner; repair, rebuild, or overhaul equipment including but not limited to material handling lifts, hydraulic valves/motors, and HVAC systems and understand and follow proper Lockout/ Tagout procedures before working on any piece of equipment or system.
• Perform required Preventive Maintenance work as scheduled to keep equipment at high up time levels and respond to both planned and immediate maintenance requests.
• Work in a team setting to investigate and correct complex situations, work with outside contractors on specialized projects and provide support to assembly operations as well as other needs of the facility and grounds.
• Wear required Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) on the factory floor and other designated areas and adhere to all safety rules, policies and procedures required by OSHA.
• Help monitor spare parts levels to ensure adequate inventory is on hand.
Maintenance Technician Job Requirements and Preferences:
• High school diploma or general education degree (GED) required plus five plus years related experience in multiple skilled trades, two plus years of experience supporting 3-phase 480 electrical systems and two plus years of experience supporting machine controls and automation.
• Ability to work off-shift, weekends, holidays and overtime as required and highly skilled in the use of a wide array of hand tools and power tools.
• Ability to read and interpret documents such as maintenance manuals, engineering blueprints, and electrical schematics and must be comfortable using a computer including Microsoft Office applications such as Word, Excel, and Outlook.
• Must possess robust logic and problem solving skills paying close attention to detail and knowledgeable of general safety and as it relates to maintenance functions.
• Capable of working in a self-directed manner and able to meet deadlines with strong organization skills and excellent communication and listening skills.
If you are interested in this Maintenance Technician job in Apex, North Carolina, please apply via the “apply now” link provided. Belcan is a global supplier of engineering, technical recruiting, and IT services to customers in the aerospace, industrial, and government sectors. Belcan engineers better outcomes through adaptive and integrated services—from jet engines, air-frame, and avionics to heavy vehicles, chemical processing, and cyber-security. Belcan takes a partnering approach to provide customer-driven solutions that are flexible, scale-able, and cost-effective. Our unique capabilities have led to continuous growth and success for nearly 60 years. We are a team-driven Equal Opportunity Employer committed to workforce diversity.
Location: Apex , NC
Minimum Experience (yrs): 5+
Required Education: High School Diploma
Return to search results Email this job to a friend
If you have previously registered with us, pleaseLog into apply for this position.
*Logged in members may also add jobs to their job cart