House of Blues VIP Services Concierge in Anaheim, California
Unity in Diversity
Our team members are as diverse as our music venues. With its owned/operated/managed venues, Live Nation Clubs and Theaters, a division of Live Nation Entertainment, is wide-ranging, including the legendary Fillmore venues and the intimate House of Blues clubs throughout the United States. Live Nation Clubs and Theaters is the country’s preeminent group of intimate music venues, featuring superior sound and lighting technology in one-of-a-kind custom-designed environments aimed to bring fans and artists together in unparalleled musical environments.
Our mission is to create a profitable and principled global entertainment company. To celebrate the diversity and brotherhood of world culture. To promote racial and spiritual harmony through love, peace, truth, righteousness and non-violence. Our venues bring fans as close to artists as possible and our aim is to create teams that are just as close.
We are currently looking for a VIP Concierge for House of Blues Anaheim.
What You Need:
· High School Diploma or equivalent
· Working knowledge of high-end restaurant operations, seating procedures, guest relations, problem solving
· Skill in diplomacy, handling multiple tasks, verbal skills, organizational skills, and interpersonal skills
· Ability to diffuse possibly volatile situations with tact and diplomacy
· Must have a flexible schedule
What You’ll Do:
The VIP Concierge is responsible for the creation and maintenance of relationships with VIP guests. This VIIP Concierge serves as the “personal touch” to the table service and venue experience. As the VIP Concierge, you’ll be responsible for:
• Giving proper recognition to Live Nation Executives and VIP’s to instill appreciation for their patronage.
• Serving as a resource of information for all Guests regarding their experience within both the lounges and music areas.
• Assisting guests regarding the timing of the supporting acts and headliner acts.
• Providing assistance to all positions and communicating effectively with others to enhance guest experience
• Maintaining contact with Manager, Bar Staff, and Server regarding the arrival of all guests.
• Constant observation of lounge area, upholding the ambiance of the lounge or seating section.
• Exhibiting articulate vocabulary with the ability to adapt and socialize with audience.
• Presenting exemplary and professional appearance.
• Anticipating guests’ needs and providing superior service.
• Competitive compensation
• Professional career development
• Additional benefits
If the above description sounds like you and fits your background, apply online at http://www.livenation.com/careers/index.html to join the Live Nation Clubs and Theaters team today!
Applicants for employment in the U.S. must possess work authorization which does not require sponsorship by the employer for a visa.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY Live Nation Entertainment strongly supports equal employment opportunity for all applicants regardless of race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, marital status, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by state or federal law.
HIRING PRACTICES The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Live Nation Entertainment recruitment policies are designed to place the most highly qualified persons available in a timely and efficient manner. Live Nation Entertainment may pursue all avenues available, including promotion from within, employee referrals, outside advertising, employment agencies, Internet recruiting, job fairs, college recruiting and search firms.
Recognized two years in a row by Great Place to Work®, Live Nation Entertainment is the global leader in live entertainment and ticketing. From ground-breaking software to support our world-class platform Ticketmaster, to our mix of legendary venues and restaurants in House of Blues, to our unparalleled roster of artists supported by diverse professionals in all facets of corporate operations, we offer a world of opportunity and an array of careers across every discipline.
We recognize that our most important assets are our employees, the rock stars who keep the live experience going. Generous vacation, healthcare, and retirement benefits are just some of the great perks we offer to support our full-time, global workforce of more than 21,000. For any stage in your career, our many unique benefit programs are designed to help you live life to the fullest. We offer student loan repayment to support recent grads, six months of paid caregiver leave to support new parents (plus a baby bonus to help with expenses), and tuition reimbursement to fuel your ongoing professional development and career growth. Plus, working for the world's largest live event and ticketing company means you'll have access to concerts, festivals, sports games, and other live events through our exclusive employee ticket concierge.
There is no bigger stage for your career. See what your future looks like at Live Nation Entertainment.