The Salvation Army Store Management Trainee in Anaheim, California
03085 - Store #2 Store Management Trainee
Store Management Trainee
JOB TITLE: STORE MANAGEMENT TRAINEE
IMMEDIATE SUPERVISOR: STORE MANAGER/ASST. MANAGER
THE SALVATION ARMY MISSION STATEMENT: The Salvation Army, an international movement, is an evangelical part of the universal Christian Church.
Its message is based on the Bible. Its ministry is motivated by the love of God. Its mission is to preach the Gospel of Jesus Christ and to meet human needs in His name without discrimination.
• High School Diploma or equivalent.
• Must have a minimum of one year previous retail experience and supervisory experience preferred.
• Must be able to operate POS/Cash Register and have ability to schedule and supervise store employees.
• Must hold a valid drivers license, be able to show proof of insurance and have access to a motor vehicle.
• Must pass background check, which will include Criminal History and Sex Offender Registry.
• Ability to communicate effectively with management, store employees, customers and donors.
• Ability to sit, walk, stand, bend, squat, climb, kneel, and twist on an intermittent or continuous basis.
• Ability to grasp, push, pull objects such as files, file cabinet drawers, clothing carts, merchandise carts, rolling clothing racks, fixtures, furniture dollies, platform trucks and carts, hand trucks and miscellaneous carts.
• Ability to operate a telephone
• Ability to lift up to 50 lbs
• Ability to perform various repetitive motion tasks
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Takes an active role, and partners with the Store Manager and Assistant Store Manager in the day-to-day operation of the Store.
As a key holder, performs store opening and closing management duties as necessary.
Provides coaching, training and development to the Sales Associates.
Makes recommendations for corrective counseling of Store Employees to uphold store standards.
Supports Store Managers for maintaining good customer relations with customers and the community and setting example by greeting all customers and donors.
Takes on the direct supervision of assigned tasks throughout the store on a daily basis.
Assists Store Managers with enforcing all timekeeping standards.
Completes all tasks in a timely manner as assigned by their Supervisor.
Other written or verbal duties as may be assigned by your supervisor, Administrator or designate
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP
- The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access
to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure
is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41