House of Blues Special Event Sales & Operations Internship in Anaheim, California
To give students an understanding of the role and responsibilities of a professional Sales and Logistics Manager as well as hands-on practical work experience that will provide a foundation for beginning their career in the Special Events industry.
The following tasks will be on going throughout the internship:
· Observe Sales and Logistics Managers Performing Daily Tasks
· Assist and Participate in Site Inspections with Sales Managers and Meeting Planners
· Complete Research Projects as Assigned
· Attend Staff, Sales and Other In House Meetings as Scheduled
· Shadow Logistics Manager on In-House Events
· Complete Intern Diary Outlining Tasks Performed
· Attend Blues Basics Orientation
Sample Intern Projects:
· Learn Basics of Preparing Event Proposals & Contracts
· Updating Internal Pricing, Menus & Talent Descriptions As Needed
· Cold Call Prospective Leads
· Prepare Lead Lists for Distribution
· Update Weekly Definite Lists From Convention and Visitors Bureau
· Competitive Analysis
· Organizing Buffet Labels & Linens For Events As Assigned By Logistics Managers
· Closing Files Post Event & Sending Thank You Notes; Evaluations
· Currently Enrolled in an Accredited College or University; Preferably in a Hospitality Based Program
· Junior or Senior Standing, Earning College Internship Credits
· Must be 18 Years of Age or Older
· Must be Available 15-20 Hours Per Week
· Previous Sales, Events or Operations (School, Internship or Professional) Experience Preferred
· Responsibility, Judgment, Organization, Dependability, Promptness, Initiative, Creativity and Able to Handle Deadlines are the Key to Successful Interns
· Internship Hours Will Be Logged Between 9:30AM-5:30PM With Occasional Evenings When Shadowing Logistics Managers for Events
· Internship Requires Commitment of 10-20 Hours Per Week
HOW TO APPLY
· Please Submit Cover Letter, Resume, & Availability Via E-Mail To JazzyTagaloa@LiveNation.com
· Qualified Applicants will be Contacted To Schedule an Interview
Recognized two years in a row by Great Place to Work®, Live Nation Entertainment is the global leader in live entertainment and ticketing. From ground-breaking software to support our world-class platform Ticketmaster, to our mix of legendary venues and restaurants in House of Blues, to our unparalleled roster of artists supported by diverse professionals in all facets of corporate operations, we offer a world of opportunity and an array of careers across every discipline.
We recognize that our most important assets are our employees, the rock stars who keep the live experience going. Generous vacation, healthcare, and retirement benefits are just some of the great perks we offer to support our full-time, global workforce of more than 21,000. For any stage in your career, our many unique benefit programs are designed to help you live life to the fullest. We offer student loan repayment to support recent grads, six months of paid caregiver leave to support new parents (plus a baby bonus to help with expenses), and tuition reimbursement to fuel your ongoing professional development and career growth. Plus, working for the world's largest live event and ticketing company means you'll have access to concerts, festivals, sports games, and other live events through our exclusive employee ticket concierge.
There is no bigger stage for your career. See what your future looks like at Live Nation Entertainment.