The Salvation Army Sorting Room Supervisor in Anaheim, California
03085 Warehouse Sorting Room Supervisor
Sorting Room Supervisor
JOB TITLE: SORTING ROOM SUPERVISOR
DEPARTMENT: SORTING ROOM
STATUS: FULL-TIME / PART-TIME
IMMEDIATE SUPERVISOR: WAREHOUSE/SHOP SUPERVISOR
THE SALVATION ARMY MISSION STATEMENT: The Salvation Army, an international movement, is an evangelical part of the universal Christian Church.
Its message is based on the Bible. Its ministry is motivated by the love of God. Its mission is to preach the Gospel of Jesus Christ and to meet human needs in His name without discrimination.
• High School graduate or equivalent.
• Able to supervise and effectively manage employees and beneficiaries to achieve production goals.
• Demonstrated competency in skill area as indicated by verifiable training and/or experience.
• Ability to communicate effectively with fellow employees and beneficiaries.
• The ability to differentiate quality of donated items.
• Ability to sit, walk, stand, bend, squat, climb, kneel, and twist on an intermittent or continuous basis.
• Ability to grasp, push, pull objects such as files, file cabinet drawers, clothing carts, merchandise carts, rolling clothing racks, fixtures, furniture dollies, platform trucks and carts, hand trucks and miscellaneous carts.
• Ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
• Ability to perform various repetitive motion tasks.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES:
Utilize to the most efficient manner all employees and beneficiaries under your supervision.
Rotate and cross train the employees in order that all employees may be able to do several jobs so as to reach clothing quota/goal on a daily basis.
Ensure that all merchandise is priced according to pricing policy.
Ensure that all color coded tags are correct for the given month and dated accordingly.
Responsible for the collection and security of all antiques, collectibles and valuable items.
Ensure the safe, proper use, and maintenance of tagging gun, equipment and all sorting room machinery.
Responsible for the adherence to the policy that no merchandise is taken, given or lent, except by written permission of the administrator. Shopping or storing product is strictly prohibited.
Ensure that quality control is maintained for all materials going to the stores.
Identify top designer brands and direct to proper department for processing.
Keep immediate working area neat and clean and help in the overall clean up as assigned.
Assure Sorting Room area adheres to Review standards at all times.
Follows safety measures established and maintained by ARC policy and government regulations.
Overtime: Any and all overtime must have the written approval of the supervisor. The supervisor’s initials must appear on the timecard besides the overtime hours.
Your supervisor, Administrator or his designate representative may assign other written or verbal duties.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP
- The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access
to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure
is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41